nut and seed trade 2014

Wild plum seeds anyone? I am going to try making some jelly and grow some myself. I haven't even attempted to count how many there are, 20+ lbs probably. These came from trees that produced a ton of plums in zone 3b after a record cold winter so should be very hardy! Maybe?? Pretty small plums though.

I'd be interested in those bad boys!

Wild plum seeds anyone? I am going to try making some jelly and grow some myself. I haven't even attempted to count how many there are, 20+ lbs probably. These came from trees that produced a ton of plums in zone 3b after a record cold winter so should be very hardy! Maybe?? Pretty small plums though.

WB, I'd try a few if it ain't a hassle! we have wild plums around but I don't know if I'd be able to locate any plums this late on the ground. I've got plenty of open ground so if I'm able to produce a thicket of plums and these wild crabs near food I'd be very pleased.

I'd be interested in some of those plums also, I planted some AM Plums but I think these are different, lets do it!

One thing I am worried about with these plum seeds is that I am using a steam juicer to get the juice out. So the seeds will be getting hit with hot steam for 2.5 hours or so. Does anyone with more experience think this would affect the viability of them? I will send seeds for free so the only thing you would lose if they didn't grow is time. I juiced about half of them last night and will do the rest tonight.

I do think that these are very similar to American plums based on what I see online but I guess they may be the Canadian plum that is more hardy? The originals were probably planted 50+ years ago and have spread by suckers or seed but they are not growing where I want them.

Chinese Chestnuts for Habitat Managers,

I have good Chinese chestnuts for $6 per flat rate box. I ship via priority mail with the US Post Office. My goal is to ship 1,000 chestnuts.

I am currently at 675 shipped. I have nuts collected, soaked and dried. What I don't have is a method to store all of these. I am tired of collecting. Just wish to get chestnuts shared with as many habitat managers as I can.

Generally I put 60 to a box but I imagine I could get 75 in a box - but some of my chestnuts are larger than others.

If you don't need that many - get with some hunting buddies and split the collection. I am not making any money - merely recovering the postage cost.

If you want some please email me your name and mailing address.
My email address is pruett1204@bellsouth.net

I get text at 615.517.4873

I live on the TN/KY State Line which I believe is zone 7a.

Thanks
WBP

not that there may be much, if any interest, I will still offer up some pawpaw seed I will have. I should have a couple dozen if anyone is interested - I picked some to eat (never tried them before - see my pawpaw thread). I figured I will save the seeds just in case someone is interested - never know we habitat guys grow some weird stuff once in a while.

I have hundreds of trailing wild bean seeds and the plants are still producing pods so I have way more than I will ever use. Anyone that wants any of them are more than welcome

I have hundreds of trailing wild bean seeds and the plants are still producing pods so I have way more than I will ever use. Anyone that wants any of them are more than welcome

I know NOTHING about these, but may want to try them. Any more info?

I know NOTHING about these, but may want to try them. Any more info?
Not a whole lot, they are a wild bean plant and they grow like weeds. I planted one seed at every post on a fence in one of my fields for a hundred yards or so and there are so many pods hanging from the fence now. The deer have been browsing them like crazy but they are out growing the deer by far. They are supposedly a reseeding annual but this is my first year with them, I hope they are and my fence is beans again next year.

I hit pay dirt today. Checked my local cemetery. They have 200 year old white oaks. The sky is raining white oak acorns. I'm going back tomorrow night.
It would be nice to hunt there wouldn't it?

Yeah I wish I had white oaks that big on my property. I do have a few old northern reds. I've seen one deer in that cemetery in 27 years of living here.

I'm going to take my morning walk through there tomorrow and pick up sone more.
Maybe only seeing one deer is a sign that they aren't preferred?

Nice big trees

I am looking for paw paw and persimmon seeds.

I do not have much to offer for habitat planting as I am just getting started. I can offer can hop rhizomes. I grow these for fun and homebrewing. They can give nice shade next to a deck or patio if there is something to climb on. I use a cable between 2 poles and have them climb up baler twine to the cable. They will grow 20ft tall if they can. They regrow from the rhizomes each year.

I am going to dig mine up in the spring to move them and there will be more rhizomes than I need in the new beds. I will have Sterling, Fuggle, and Nugget. Maybe a few Cascade. Each rhizome will have 2-3 buds. Available as soon as I can dig in March. Good to plant ASAP but can be stored in fridge for a month or two as long as they don't dry out.

Does anyone have access to hazelnuts?

I have some SWO, Bur, Chinkapin, and Reds that need a good home.

I ha
I am looking for paw paw and persimmon seeds.

I do not have much to offer for habitat planting as I am just getting started. I can offer can hop rhizomes. I grow these for fun and homebrewing. They can give nice shade next to a deck or patio if there is something to climb on. I use a cable between 2 poles and have them climb up baler twine to the cable. They will grow 20ft tall if they can. They regrow from the rhizomes each year.

I am going to dig mine up in the spring to move them and there will be more rhizomes than I need in the new beds. I will have Sterling, Fuggle, and Nugget. Maybe a few Cascade. Each rhizome will have 2-3 buds. Available as soon as I can dig in March. Good to plant ASAP but can be stored in fridge for a month or two as long as they don't dry out.
I have plenty of persimmon seeds pm your address and I'll send some out tomorrow

Chicken - I sent you a PM about pawpaw seeds.

Just saw that your from New York\Pennsylvania and that is out of the range for persimmons but if you want to try them I will still send some

Just saw that your from New York\Pennsylvania and that is out of the range for persimmons but if you want to try them I will still send some
Some persimmons do ripen in zones 6 and 5. The ones on my father's farm in PA rarely ripen but deer still eat them after frost. Good draw for the end of rifle season in early December. Something that matures a little earlier would be nice. I plan to do some grafting so I am looking to just increase the population.

I'll send you my address by pm later. Thanks.

I'm a moron, I just did further research and they look so damn similar I swore they were english oaks, the distinction is in the acorns, English are skinnier and longer. My trees are White Oak. I'm sorry for those that were waiting on me.

I have 100% ID'd my trees as White Oaks they are massive 80-100 foot bumper producers every year. If you'd like some I'd be interested in:

Plum (non Americana)
Pear
Crab Apples
Anyone have access to a red fleshed apple?
I'm open to suggestions.

I'm not looking to make $ so either trades or i'll send 'em to you for just the shipping costs.