Not that I don't like you guys.......

foggy

5 year old buck +
.....but how in the devil do I stop getting email alerts each time you post to a topic I have watched. I cannot deal with the double messages and try to keep my in-box cleared out!! I thought I had switched stuff off.....but.....alas.

OK....I think I solved my issue (or one of my issues :D). I deleted "and notify me of reply's to my posts" from the menu. Hope it solves the email problems. :)

Foggy did it work?

Foggy did it work?

Foggy did it work?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I got one of the above notices on my email. I think the default in this program should be to NOT get the notices. Very annoying when you get a dozen emails on stuff.

I'm still getting the notices. Gonna shut down more stuff. Grrrrrrrr

I think I shut down at least a dozen features. There should just be one: "turn off email notices". Never that easy with electronics. :rolleyes:

I think what I did was go to ALERTS on the top right side of the screen, Then under YOUR ACCOUNT look for PREFERENCES. Uncheck the circled box. Hope this helps.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the advice......I did all the above. Did all the above.....and still get emails. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for the advice......I did all the above. Did all the above.....and still get emails. Hmmmmm.

Lots of good things about electronics. Not being able to "see" what your doing is NOT one of the strong points. ;)

Lots of good things about electronics. Not being able to "see" what your doing is NOT one of the strong points. ;)

Last edited:
I only unchecked "replies to a watched thread" and "and receive email notifications of replies" and don't receive emails...except when for conversation notification.

If you have those unchecked and are still getting email, maybe try to log off and then back on...that is kind of reaching for straws but cant hurt.

Maybe unchecking the alert preferences only unsubscribes you from new threads but continues alerts on the old ones. At the bottom of the emails you receive there should be a link to end alerts for the specific threads that still send emails.

Maybe unchecking the alert preferences only unsubscribes you from new threads but continues alerts on the old ones. At the bottom of the emails you receive there should be a link to end alerts for the specific threads that still send emails.

I think this is the case. I don't post much so it is easier for me to confirm. I turned everything off after a couple of days and I don't get any alerts except when someone posts to the mushroom thread.

After doing this.....the problems seem to have ended. Thanks :)

Definately should default to none being checked.