New World Record

Mortenson

5 year old buck +
I know it doesn't appeal to everyone, but here's a look at what's potentially the new world record hunter killed buck. It was officially scored at over 320" after the 60 day drying period. Will still need to be panel measured. It was fair chase, bow killed, and the hunter is a veteran.

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/editorial/brewsters-non-typical-buck-world-record/330630

that thing is obscene!

Congrats to the hunter! I bet that was a lot of fun.

Good for him! Unbelievable buck.

I hope if anyone ever kills something like that in my county they keep thier mouth shut :)

I feel sorry for all the hunters in that county. Land prices go up, more outfitters sucking up the land and raping the buck populations. Thank goodness it wasn’t near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably won't be that bad there were 2 shot last year in my county that went over 220 inches not world record but most people didn't even know it.Funnyn thing was one of them moved 3 miles a couple weeks before he was shot

That is a massive buck

Good for him! Unbelievable buck.

I hope if anyone ever kills something like that in my county they keep thier mouth shut :)

Too late, LOL, the article was in NA Whitetail a couple months ago and the show has aired as well.

non typical bucks freak mutant bucks just don't do it for me.

Too late, LOL, the article was in NA Whitetail a couple months ago and the show has aired as well.

I saw that in November. Went to visit a buddy during archery season and that damn magazine was on his kitchen table.
Made me cringe. I didn't know anything was aired on TV. I'm kinda under a rock about these things. No magazine subscriptions and I won't watch hunting infomercials.

Good for him... Unfortunately in todays world I fear that something like this may come with a lot of headaches... I would like a buck just half that size please!

I feel sorry for all the hunters in that county. Land prices go up, more outfitters sucking up the land and raping the buck populations. Thank goodness it wasn’t near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The silver lining is it could be an opportunity for die-hards. The increase in pressure could help local guys keep good bucks on their property if they adapt. And there's money to be made when land prices go up. Sell high, wait for the fad to blow over, and buy again at a lower price.

I hadn’t even heard anything about that one, but most of the pics I get sent are local ones.
A 204” typical net was killed a half mile from my place in October...second booner that close in two years.

Wow H2O, that's a monster! Any pictures of that deer? If he was scored right, that'll be knocking on the door of the all time world record typical by bow. Mel Johnson still holds the thrown, his IL buck from 1965 scores 204" and change.

I hadn't really given much thought to this new record messing up land values and local hunting. I could see it happening to a degree, maybe only for a while. Several different sources said the buck was killed just a few miles north of Paris. Looking at the satellite, that's some tiny timber up there. Nothing like how Indiana looks to the east. Appears this buck came from a small creek drainage. I'd guess it's a whole bunch of different farm owners, and that outfitters wouldn't really get much of chance to set up shop. Could be wrong. Biggest thing I see happening is that a few of the local farms get leased up for a while. If it was killed in our creek, I can think of no one who would sell out, and only one family who would sell a lease.

Biggest thing I see happening is that a few of the local farms get leased up for a while.

That's probably the most likely result, unless the area produces a few more giants or the hunting mags start talking it up. It's unlikely we will ever see another Pike County style fad, but there are people who throw money at whatever they think will give them a chance at a Booner.

Wow H2O, that's a monster! Any pictures of that deer? If he was scored right, that'll be knocking on the door of the all time world record typical by bow. Mel Johnson still holds the thrown, his IL buck from 1965 scores 204" and change.

Here's a pic of it.
I've got a couple trail cam pics from this year too that were sent to me.
I had pics of this deer on my farm last year in early November rut, was through my place nightly in front of camera for two weeks...it didn't live long enough to make the loop over to me this year.
The hunter had been after him for three years and had come close a couple times. Doesn't have a ton of time to hunt but was hunting in the deer's core area not really that big of a property. He stopped by the farm last year and we compared pics on our phones, I think the buck might have put on thirty inches from last year.

h8GfSQf.jpg

The other booner killed a half mile from me was killed muzzle loader two years ago scored in high 170's or low 180's I think.

Geez that buck is amazing. And to think, you're a part of what made him so huge. I'd be queasy everytime setting foot in the woods knowing that guy could be around the next tree. Congrats to the lucky hunter. Keep us posted on how he shakes out in the record books. Ohio has been on fire this past decade!

non typical bucks freak mutant bucks just don't do it for me.
A 180" 8 point was killed 2.5 miles west of my

If I were a bettin man, that buck's mom or dad had an ear tag.

I wouldn't know. Internet rumors are that he was an 8 pointer for a few years, then got gouged above his eye, then became a big nontypical for a year, then blew up this yr.

Here's a pic of it.
I've got a couple trail cam pics from this year too that were sent to me.
I had pics of this deer on my farm last year in early November rut, was through my place nightly in front of camera for two weeks...it didn't live long enough to make the loop over to me this year.
The hunter had been after him for three years and had come close a couple times. Doesn't have a ton of time to hunt but was hunting in the deer's core area not really that big of a property. He stopped by the farm last year and we compared pics on our phones, I think the buck might have put on thirty inches from last year.

h8GfSQf.jpg

The other booner killed a half mile from me was killed muzzle loader two years ago scored in high 170's or low 180's I think.

This buck could not have walked in front of a better person. You are right he does not have much time to hunt, and I could not have been happier for him the day he got this buck and texted us photos of the buck. This is the best example of good things coming to good people. It is a buck of a lifetime for a person who is a great father, great friend and much more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk