New to me welder

b116757

5 year old buck +
I picked up a Miller Bobcat 250 LP model mounted on a trailer today only has 79 hours on it. Guy I bought it from had it as a backup generator for his house he sold the house so it was time for it to go. Should be a fence building machine we had been borrowing the 4H portable setup occasionally instead of using a portable generator running a red tombstone welder or the broken down one in the barn nobody could keep running long enough to run a bead or…… you get idea it was time for a new one. Came with the trailer 120 gallon gas pig and a set of torches. Should be handy I just spent 2 hours yesterday changing bucket teeth on Cat 951 track loader having an extra torch rig on the trailer will be nice. I had never seen a trailer set up quite like this one the front of the Bobcat and top of the torch gas tanks are all in an upright cabinet at the rear of the trailer open the double swinging doors and everything is right there. I guess I will see how I like that setup after using it a bit.

Attachments

• 1BD63461-0499-4F07-9F6E-47240CC24B92.jpeg
    1BD63461-0499-4F07-9F6E-47240CC24B92.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 23
That's one sweet unit you picked up. I get by with my little Miller 211 mig and Primeweld tig units.

I have a Miller 211 MIG and a Miller 165 TIG units in the man cave that new trailer is pretty slick we broke my 8’ disc the other day and used it to weld a new 2’ angle iron piece and 8’x 3”channel iron across the back of it

I picked up a Miller Bobcat 250 LP model mounted on a trailer today only has 79 hours on it. Guy I bought it from had it as a backup generator for his house he sold the house so it was time for it to go. Should be a fence building machine we had been borrowing the 4H portable setup occasionally instead of using a portable generator running a red tombstone welder or the broken down one in the barn nobody could keep running long enough to run a bead or…… you get idea it was time for a new one. Came with the trailer 120 gallon gas pig and a set of torches. Should be handy I just spent 2 hours yesterday changing bucket teeth on Cat 951 track loader having an extra torch rig on the trailer will be nice. I had never seen a trailer set up quite like this one the front of the Bobcat and top of the torch gas tanks are all in an upright cabinet at the rear of the trailer open the double swinging doors and everything is right there. I guess I will see how I like that setup after using it a bit.

That is a great buy. I got a miller multimatic 215 and am just learning to weld. It has been a great addition when it comes to maintaining farm equipment! I have no skills, but I'm having fun.

There is a guy on YouTube Jamie is his name search for “welding tips and tricks” he should pop up very knowledgeable when it comes to welding. I love Mig for building stuff out of new steel makes even a poor welder like myself look like I can run bead. Stick is more challenging for me but it will burn through rust and paint pretty well where as Mig will not. TIG is the bomb diggity for stainless. I built a new set of stainless maple syrup pans to replace our old english tin set a few years ago haven’t used it much since. Had to build my own sheet metal brake just to bend the flue pan normal sheet metal brakes can’t make all those bends without having seams so I needed a custom brake. We have 12’x3’ Waterloo evaporator for the syrup operation my brother fools with making the syrup in Northern Wisconsin I just build any equipment he needs. Here in a few years when I retire I make take a month in the spring and head up there for syrup season will see my health holds out. This getting old BS isn’t for the faint of hart.