New target

Very nice I very much like ringing steel targets. I have a couple targets on the edge of ponds myself one at 450yards and one at about 585yards makes getting on zero a lot easier if your scope doesn’t have zero stop as most of mine don’t and occasionally I forget to zero one after shooting and the next time out is more interesting because of my lax in memory.

What's the orange piece for?

Flipper

Moves when target is hit?

From side to side yes

Exactly, swings to the other side when it's hit. Adds a visual as well as the "ding" when the bullet hits. Plus it's a smaller target to aim at for more challenge.

I’ve been tempted to put up a dueling tree at 400 yards

I’ve been tempted to put up a dueling tree at 400 yards

2 things... that would a blast, and you're better shots than we are! :)

We do egg shoots at 400

One of my shooting partners has 22-243 wildcat on an untapered shillen barrel it looks like a truck axle he is the king of 400 yard egg shoots. I’ve seen him shoot $.50 cent piece 5 shot groups at 600 with it

Holy smokes! What's some impressive shooting!

We typically shoot .22's freehand from the deck. Not exactly long range precision, but fun in it's own right.

Offhand shooting is a lost art to many, myself included!

My own offhand is hit and miss lol

I like shooting steel occasionally too. I set up targets at 25, 50, 100 and 200 yards. Use them for quick sight in's or to check zero on deer rifles. But in the summer, I like to use my lever action guns a few times.....and just ring the 100 yard "gong" free hand or try the 8" plates with 38 special ammo and those lever guns. I keep a 357 lever action in my tractor cab and another in my wheeler. Seldom get used unless for a porkie or a woodchuck. Fun. (my rifle range is also a food plot. lol.....stand is off to the left....and 200 yard steel is out of sight here). tempImageieGx2S.jpg