New property setup

Black Swamp

5 year old buck +
We live on this property and its only 36 acres mostly ag now but I have been slowly making some of these improvements. Please tell me what you think and how I can fill in the reaming areas. There is a 40 acre woods to the north that my property goes into.

ag.jpg

A good place to start might be where you are located and what the properties surrounding you have or don't have. Do you have a map of your property in context of those surrounding yours?

If I'm reading it correctly, I like how you have it screened with pines. Have they grown enough to screen yet? I'm have some color blindness issues so I'm having trouble seeing what is what on your map. Where do the deer bed? If not on yours do you have an idea where on neighboring properties?

What's your predominant wind?

If I'm reading it correctly, I like how you have it screened with pines. Have they grown enough to screen yet? I'm have some color blindness issues so I'm having trouble seeing what is what on your map. Where do the deer bed? If not on yours do you have an idea where on neighboring properties?

What's your predominant wind?
No they are not tall enough yet just 3 to 4' we just planted them last year. SW is the predominant wind. The deer bed in the woods to the north and the little 8 acre woods to the east but none of it is great deer bedding.

Is the bedding on yours or is there bedding or food outside your boundary

If possible, screen the ag fields from the road views, access stands from roads, Are your ag fields going to stay all ag?

If possible, screen the ag fields from the road views, access stands from roads, Are your ag fields going to stay all ag?
yes the ag fields will stay all ag with a soybeans/corn rotation.

Nice place! You aren't that far from me.
Have you looked into putting some shrub strips in at all?

Just curious, do you also have a YouTube channel where you talk about your habitat work? Ironically I just saw it this morning and then logged on today and saw this post. I have a similar sized property and although there’s no Aagriculture near me we have very similar properties and have done many of the same projects. I didn’t have any open ground so I had to carve my plots out of the woods or on old logging roads.