My Halloween Buck...

OkieKubota

5 year old buck +
103114 Posed.jpg 081.JPG Since I posted my Thanksgiving day Buck I may as well post my Halloween Muzzleloader buck. Brisk north wind hunting up on our land I had the buck I ended up killing Yesterday come by on my left at 10 yards and was there before I knew it. He walked behind a tree and caught a scent he didn't like and busted out of there before I could get a shot off. I was pretty bummed but about 15 minutes later this guy stepped out and I was able to drop him in his tracks...

Congrats ... nice looking buck

wow great yr for you an your family! Have you had this much success in the past or was this a stellar yr? Congrats

congrats! sounds like you and the wife are having an outstanding year!

3 monsters? Are you interested in being the big game program manager for the state of Minnesota?

WOW your wall is going to be full.

OK Okie, what's the trick? 3 kick-A bucks in a year.

Thanks guys...

Jordan this is a new property for my wife and I that we closed on last January so we have had it less than a year but I have had good success in the past with several years of 2 mounters. The other years albeit tough have usually got me one mature buck. We hunt big woods and ridges and even though the property these 3 bucks came from is our own we also have a 1300 acre deer lease.

I have a thread on here about our place in the food plots section on here called "From solid woods to thriving clover plot in 3 1/2 months"...

J-bird - the trick is scent control, stand placement, and time...

SD5155 - I read about you guys troubles in MN... I feel for you guys...

Tooln - wall was already full but we are building a cabin on our place this spring.

For wiscwhip...

What a dandy. Congrats.

Real nice buck !! Way to go!