My cultipacker build

I did plant BW already. I'm sure the soil is no where near warm enough but last weekend was the only time I had available until late June unfortunately. I'll be stopping by on my way home from picking my daughter up from college at LAX. Hoping to see some germination but not expecting much.
Hope it works out for you. I usually plant Memorial Day weekend and most years catch a frost sometime shortly after planting. So far I haven't lost a field to frost as the very young plants seem to have a bit of tolerance. I'm not so sure plants 3-4 weeks old will survive a good frost.

I usually plant that weekend as well. Wife wants to go camping that weekend. Maybe my buds and I will have to run up to replant. I'm sure wife would be thrilled with that......

Here's one we made a couple of years ago. Cultipacker wheels were from Agri-supply, picked up the steel box beam and solid rod at a local metal fabricator and the pillow blocks from the internet. Weighs about 250 lbs and pulls great behind an ATV.

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    849.7 KB · Views: 49
All nice builds.

I have the parts of an old packer I need to get put back together.... One of these days.

-John