diy cultipacker

ksJoe

5 year old buck +
I threw together a cultipacker using mostly scraps and junk. The only things I purchased for this was 5 60# bags of concrete and the hitch.
Its 10" culvert with 2" pvc through the middle to make a hole for an axle. I put some rebar in the concrete so hopefully it won't break as it bounces around behind the atv.
The axle is 1 1/4" steel pipe. One end of the pipe has threads, the other has a tab on it. The axle passes through the culvert and screws into the frame on the other end.

Don't laugh too hard at the welds. I didn't clean the metal. I just turned up the welder a little extra. And it was windy.

Here's the end of the axle that screws in. I cut the threads off an elbo and welded it to the box tubing so I could screw the pipe into it.
threaded_end.JPGthreaded_end_2.JPG

Here's the tab welded onto the other end of the axle.
tab.JPG

Ready for assembly
ready_to_assemble.JPG

Ready to use:
assembled.JPG

Nice job! My brother and I did that exact thing except welded the frame to a 3-point hitch we bought cheap on ebay. Works pretty well, not as good as a real ag cultipacker I imagine, as we've found with our soil that sometimes the seed "floats" on top of the soil instead of being pushed down into it, but better than nothing.