My 1st buck off of our property

Roger_Greaser

A good 3 year old buck
We leased 187 acres for the past 2 years and finally had the opportunity to purchase it this summer. Since then, I have worked hard hinge cutting, making a couple food plots, planting trees, and hanging stands. This morning all the hard work has paid off, I harvested my first buck off of this land. This is a buck that we saw last year as a decent 3 year old and he didn't grow much more horn this year, but his body looked huge considering we aren't used to seeing 3 year olds here, not alone a 4 year old.
It was one of the funnest hunts that I have ever had. It wasn't quite bright enough to see but I could hear him making a scrape or wrestling a tree a good piece out in the woods. Then I heard him grunt. About 15 minutes later I see him come in to about 40 yards and I'm glassing, trying to see which buck he was. I could tell his body was big but couldn't get a good look at his rack. He wasn't coming in so I hit the grunt tube and he turned and started walking towards me. I passed 2 good shots on him trying to make sure he was a buck I wanted to shoot and by the time I got a good look he turned and started to walk away. I made a little noise with my mouth and he turned broadside and gave me the shot. I got to see him go down from the stand. He doesn't have a huge rack but it made it worth all the hard work getting to shoot a mature buck off of my own property that I am trying to manage.
I also wanted to thank all of you guys for posting such useful information on this forum. I've learned a lot from this forum in the past year.

9eb92e24e1759afb8478c9e20367018e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Congrats! Nice buck.

Congrats. That's a fine looking buck!

Great buck. I need to re-evaluate what I consider a big rack. Looks huge to me.

Congratulations.

He sure looks beefy.

I didn't measure him but I'm guessing that he might make pope and young.

Congrats!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congrats. Nice buck and the one you will never forget cuz it's the first on the new property.

Wow - nicely done!

Congrats!

Congrats on a nice buck !! It feels good to get a good one that's " home cookin' ". Thanks for sharing.

Nice buck what state did you shooters him in ?

I'm in marion county, W.V.

Good for you man! Congrats on the purchase and the buck!