Moving Deer Blinds

Thanks guys.

Hey Wild Thing, were/are you a charter captain on L. Superior?

In the redneck blinds I have the Nu-way stoves in the corner of my 5x6 cross over blinds. The stack goes straight up and thus only blocks one corner window from operation. That area is largely unneeded in these blinds.......but having a self contained heating unit under the floor (like a co-ray-vac unit would be slick.......in case Red Neck is listening......Grin)

Thanks guys.

Hey Wild Thing, were/are you a charter captain on L. Superior?

I have fished Lake Superior quite a bit Mortenson, but we chartered out of Ludinigton on Lake Michigan...

IMG_1167 (3).jpeg

2 - 1 of 164 (10).jpeg

Our customers preferred the big Kings over the Lake Trout and Ludington is one of the top 2 or 3 ports for salmon so we would move to Ludington for the summer months.
IMG_0426.JPG

My wife is a Coast Guard licensed Captain (and a great fisherman) as well so when I would come home to plant food plots, she would hire a first mate and run the charters while I was gone.

2 - 1 of 164 (2).jpeg

Captain Elaine 3.jpeg

Captain Elaine 2.jpeg

What a life! That's really cool.

What a life! That's really cool.
It was pretty cool! Marina life was nice - parties every weekend. Met lots of great people on the charters as well as at the marina. The down side of it was getting up at 3:30 AM every day, 7 days per week all summer long to get ready for the 5 AM charters...and filleting hundreds of fish - LOL. We traveled around fishing tournaments for quite a few years and then chartered for 10 years before we sold the business. Hardly ever fish anymore - maybe once or twice per year 😄

What do you do when it starts snowing Jack?

View attachment 45130

Do you mean you don't need to buy or build all these heaters?
View attachment 45131

How do you warm up your sandwiches?
View attachment 45132

View attachment 45133

and your coffee?
View attachment 45134

You do need to be careful not to melt your Hershey's Big Blocks though
View attachment 45135
Doesn't get all that cold here. Battery heated clothing are enough for me.