Moved a stand today

tooln

5 year old buck +
I forgot what a pain it is to move a 2 man ladder stand by yourself, but I got it done. To the left of the stand is a creek behind where I stood to take the pic is the trail. Hoping for it to be a good location. Cam action so far makes it look promising.

[URL=http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/tooln/media/20140530_120506.jpg.html][/URL]

Looks like round tubing for the stand uprights ?? Aluminum? I have problems doing those ladder stands by myself too...... Too hard on my back anymore. :(

Looks like round tubing for the stand uprights ?? Aluminum? I have problems doing those ladder stands by myself too...... Too hard on my back anymore. :(
No tubing, it's a square tube frame with double rails, I only wish it were aluminum.

What's with the door mat at the bottom of the ladder?

What's with the door mat at the bottom of the ladder?

Good eye. Actually it's part of an old anti fatigue mat. It's left over from the piece up in the stand. I wipe my feet on it before climbing up.

I left on 5/16. It's amazing how the woods just explodes with foliage since then.
Got that right 2-3 weeks ago I could see 200+ yards in the woods. Not no more.

No ticks but I swear the skeeters could have picked the stand up and moved it for me they were so thick.

They are a pain to move. When I have to move 2person ladders I climb the tree with hangon sticks strap a pulley to the tree and use parachute cord tied to the stand and lift the stand with the ladder up against the base of the tree. Saves a little on the back but is still clumsy.

Tooln,

That must have been fun stuff moving that and setting it up by yourself. I find it hard to do with two people. How'd you lift the top without the base kicking out on you?

I tied off the bottom to the ATV, picked up the top, lifted it over the top of my head grabbed the ladder and walked it up. I got lucky and it worked really good. I had my climber, rope & pully in the truck as a backup plan but they weren't needed.

One thing I've learned....when attaching ladder stands, or placing hang-ons......I take a lightweight, two-section, aluminum, extension ladder along into the woods. I think mine goes to 20' high. With the extension ladder, it's easy to fasten the top strap and get to stuff without breaking my neck.

Went without for too long......it's a wonder we never took a big fall. I don't bounce anymore.