More Flowers, Any Guesses?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

My guess is common vetch (Vicia sativa). I think both above are the same or close relatives thereof.

My guess is common vetch (Vicia sativa). I think both above are the same or close relatives thereof.

I'd say yes for #2, but I'm not sure on #1... I saw something like #1 today in a swampy location. It didn't look vetchy today other than the stem.

I think #1 is sweet pea (lathyrus odoratus). Either way, legumes. I'm still not sure on the leaves for #2 though, I'd say 100% legume though.

I'm gonna back up and agree with you guys!!:D

I saw these today and thought they were beautiful. Stu will know what this is since they grow around a lot of old home places.

I don't think I've seen that variation of a day-lily before...very nice looking

Yea, I thought so too. They were right next to some Tiger Lilies that my in-laws grow.

I dug up an apple sprout at an old home place once that had some Tigers around it. The apple never amounted to much, but the Tigers are still going strong after several years.

Are wild tiger lilies everywhere where you guys live ?? Here in Pa. they seem to be along every roadside and lane, plus fields and meadows. Orange flowers all over !!! The same goes for the blue roadside-dwelling gentians, I believe they're called. For a roadside weedy plant - they sure add a lot of color.

Are wild tiger lilies everywhere where you guys live ?? Here in Pa. they seem to be along every roadside and lane, plus fields and meadows. Orange flowers all over !!! The same goes for the blue roadside-dwelling gentians, I believe they're called. For a roadside weedy plant - they sure add a lot of color.

They seem to be lots of places here. Very beautiful addition to the landscape.

Yea, I thought so too. They were right next to some Tiger Lilies that my in-laws grow.

I dug up an apple sprout at an old home place once that had some Tigers around it. The apple never amounted to much, but the Tigers are still going strong after several years.
We do have two or three types of wild lilies and one resembles the tiger lily with flower pedals that curl backwards. A woods lily has just an open cup. Thereare also escaped or planted lilies from domestic variation, but not real common.

I believe we called them turk's cap and they resembled the domestic tiger lily.
Stu-have you found the wood lily?

I agree on the wild peas....flowers look very similar to many other peas including the sugar snaps I have growing in the garden.

A lot of the roadsides around here are very colorful with Lillie's, vetch, and red clovers all blooming big time!