MN Giants

McLovin

5 year old buck +
Here's a few bucks that have been emailed or texted to me in the last few days with the city reportedly shot in or near.

Hallock
hallock_zps55de289f.jpg

Northfield
Northfield_zps4b3dd321.jpg

Newport
newport_zps6cd00bfe.jpg

Those are some HEAVY bucks - lovin' those typicals!

All nice & big

I'd love to know where that buck was shot near Hallock? I never had it on my cameras up there (wishful thinking). That thing is absolutely huge.

MBC's customer also a big one on camera up by Hallock and it is not that one. That soil must have something in it!

Hallock (Kittson County area)

Good hunting and genetics up in that area. Soil and sugar beets....or a combo?

That area has so much potential

Last edited:
Found out a bit more about that buck. Shot north and east of Hallock (near Lancaster) and the buck scored 221!

Am I the only one that thinks they look photo-shopped?

Am I the only one that thinks they look photo-shopped?

I do think camera placement has lots to do with the rack size.

I don't know much about any of them but the Newport buck supposedly NETS 196 and change...

Bwoods, send me your email and I'll forward the email to you. I have more pictures and one with the hunter in it.

Bwoods, send me your email and I'll forward the email to you. I have more pictures and one with the hunter in it.

I've got the same picture that West Branch just posted on my phone. Definitely no photo shop!!

My farm is within 8 miles that crew. My neighbor said they were watching that big basta## for awhile.

20141117_134823_resized_5.jpg 20141117_134809_resized_4.jpg

This one came out of the bertha area. Scores right around 162" gross.

Carlton county buck! Maybe 170 gross? What do you guys think?

Backyard_28.jpg

Carlton county buck! Maybe 170 gross? What do you guys think?

View attachment 3008
Width and mass are there but not much height. These bucks are tough for me to score. Probably a little closer to 160" I'd say.

Width and mass are there but not much height. These bucks are tough for me to score. Probably a little closer to 160" I'd say.

not sure what he scores.....but he is a beauty!

That is a great buck! And also what I expect from the northwoods or form a late spring. Tine length does no match ag country/early green up growth.