Minnesota buck

Gorgeous buck! Congratulations!

Do you have any trailcam pics of him this year @bwoods11 Would be cool to see what he looks like on the hoof.

Very cool. I'm a lousy judge but he looks pretty close year to year?

Thats great bwoods!! What an impressive buck! Congrats! A monster for MN no doubt!

Awesome buck! Congrats! Love hearing success stories on those sneaky old bucks. What do you guys consider heavy hunting pressure? Let’s just say surrounding 500 acres or so. Or maybe a square mile if that’s easier.

Well done, nice buck! Awesome that you have history with the buck and you were able to successfully put him in the bag. I really like the antler coloration and the blonde forehead. It will make for a very nice mount if you choose to go that route.

What a TOAD!

If it is not at the pinnacle of a white tail trophy for Minnesota……..

I am from Missouri!

well done!

Awesome buck! Congrats! Love hearing success stories on those sneaky old bucks. What do you guys consider heavy hunting pressure? Let’s just say surrounding 500 acres or so. Or maybe a square mile if that’s easier.
There’s a lot of gun hunting pressure around us. We try to leave most of our property undisturbed during the gun season.

—90% of our hunting is with a bow. That helps overall….There are not many fence sitters, but a lot of Orange around in November—which is common in Minnesota.

Nice buck! Congrats.

If you look at satellite imagery of swift county you can see that there may be 500 acres without any appreciable cover. Very high percentage of row crops. Most pockets of cover get pushed clear with deer drives or at least they do on the land I’m familiar with.

If you look at satellite imagery of swift county you can see that there may be 500 acres without any appreciable cover. Very high percentage of row crops. Most pockets of cover get pushed clear with deer drives or at least they do on the land I’m familiar with.
I was just asking in general what guys consider high pressure. I know it varies greatly based on many things. Stupid comment on my part and should’ve been posted elsewhere.

I was just asking in general what guys consider high pressure. I know it varies greatly based on many things. Stupid comment on my part and should’ve been posted elsewhere.
It wasn’t a stupid question. I was just pointing out that that “high pressure” on an area like that with very limited cover likely wouldn’t be as evident on hunters per square mile basis like somewhere that is nearly solid cover. My experience in that region was our group of say 8-10 people pushed through every little bit of cover on a 5000+ acre farm in a day and a half. So in that scenario it pencils out 1 and change hunters per square mile (i.e. “low pressure”) on opening weekend but the pressure we put on any available cover was huge.

Last edited:
Geez no … that’s a legit question. Some areas have high pressure. I would classify this as above average for hunting pressure. Simply because many hunters pack into the best wooded cover in the area.

This area is good habitat and the genetics are excellent.

That's a huge and great looking buck right there. You put in the work and it shows. Congratulations on a dandy!

Congrats Bwoods11. He's a real gagger of a buck!!! Nothing like taking a mature older buck. That rack is impressive, and the body looks huge too. Even sweeter when you have cam history on him.