Minnesota buck

bwoods11

5 year old buck +
Last Friday evening I shot this buck on my 160 acres in Swift County. This property has 80 acres of good crop and 80 acres of timber /grass.

We have been after this buck for a couple years. Somehow he has survived in any area with pretty intense hunting pressure. We have 3 years of trail cam pics of him. More than likely he’s 5, maybe 6 ?

He came by at 6:10 pm and I made the 30 yard shot . My biggest buck in Minnesota.
Weight-200 lbs even… Score-165 5/8

CCF8C22B-5A29-49B5-96FC-3729FF9A620F.jpeg65955594-B229-4086-B206-A0DF32E554C4.jpegEC0EF468-8701-4B00-A4E6-392F2F8F5D0C.jpeg

Wow, that is a freaking monster. Congratulations that’s an awesome deer, very cool dark colored rack on top of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats @bwoods11, that is a sweet buck!

Your posts on MN deer regs make even more sense now that you mentioned the county. First couple years I hunted deer as a kid we hunted the Danvers WMA in the mornings and did deer drives on private groves/treelines with family friends that farm in the area the rest of the day. After almost getting shot by my friend during a deer drive and witnessing the group run down deer across fields in pickups my dad decided he didn't want me to be around that type of hunting anymore.

Great buck. Was that weight live or dressed?

Nice buck!

Nice, and congrats!!!!

Phenomenal deer! Congrats

Great buck B ... congrats!Did you play that cold front that moved in?

Great buck B ... congrats!Did you play that cold front that moved in?
I would say that had a big impact on why he was moving hour before dark !

Awesome awesome representation of what can be done with management. Great job putting it all together

That's a Dandy.. Congratulations!

I would say that had a big impact on why he was moving hour before dark !

What was the mass measurement?

Great deer, congrats!

congrats man!

That's a good one.

Congrats on a great buck!

Great buck; congratulations! Very nice rack, good coloration and clean, nicely colored ears. Sometimes the ears on a buck can be pretty gnarly, disfigured or unattractive in coloration.
May you enjoy the fruits of your labor.