Meat chickens

I’m not sure where you guys are getting your birds at but I was looking at McMurrays Hatchery. Has anyone raised either the Murray big red or ginger broiler? They say they’re excellent foragers, which would be nice to supplement the feed a little, and they take 12 weeks till processing.

Your reds didnt forage? The ones we had did quite a bit. But they were raised from chicks with the layer chicks that year, the cornish were seperated, that may have been the difference.
They did, but when confined to the chicken tractor. Both breeds showed about equal grazing pressure on the vegetation. I was moving 2x a day to keep them on fresh growth.

They did, but when confined to the chicken tractor. Both breeds showed about equal grazing pressure on the vegetation. I was moving 2x a day to keep them on fresh growth.
Even the cornish foraged for you? Mine have never that ive noticed. I even threw some feed on the ground and they didnt go after it. Maybe its somethimg im doing when they are young?
I would have to move them every couple days also, but only because the ground would be covered in poop.
I didnt get any meat birds last year but im ordering tomorrow for this year.