Made it to the farm today

Congrats on more apples!!!!
Are they going in on the new section?
If you need any pear scion in the future just let me know I’ve got a lot of nice varieties going.

Congrats on more apples!!!!
Are they going in on the new section?
If you need any pear scion in the future just let me know I’ve got a lot of nice varieties going.

May a couple on the new ground if my bulldozer work is done by tree time. Clearing off 4 tops for kill plots and having a pond put in. I’ve been wanting a bigger pond for a while now.

I’ll see them next week. Hired a guy with a Dozer for the new ground. He sent these today.
On top of fixing some erosion problems in the field I had him Make some little pockets off a 50 acre field. Just the kind of place an inquiring buck might sneak to the edge of the field in day light just before sunset.

I had him leave the monster white oak on purpose. Great trees for a ladder stand.
B947A696-3344-4A43-9670-83D7FBBAB143.jpeg

this one goes a bit deeper. Just off the back as it heads down hill is a known bedding area. Hopefully it remains a known bedding area with a new hidey hole food plot between it and 50 acres of beans or corn depending on the year.

He’s got two more to do. One about 2 acres. Then the new pond comes when he gets time and things dry out more.

FE6E7D20-5DB8-414A-A81F-22735B72EDC6.jpeg

Now to figure out where an apple tree or two goes in them???

Bill those new plots are going to be deadly!

And I fully approve of the target practice.

-John

I really like those edges on the new plots. Might save your future self having to do some edge feathering :emoji_wink:

Nice updates. Teach him how to shoot and bbq a t-bone all in the same outing.

I’ll see them next week. Hired a guy with a Dozer for the new ground. He sent these today.
On top of fixing some erosion problems in the field I had him Make some little pockets off a 50 acre field. Just the kind of place an inquiring buck might sneak to the edge of the field in day light just before sunset.

I had him leave the monster white oak on purpose. Great trees for a ladder stand.
View attachment 34305

this one goes a bit deeper. Just off the back as it heads down hill is a known bedding area. Hopefully it remains a known bedding area with a new hidey hole food plot between it and 50 acres of beans or corn depending on the year.

He’s got two more to do. One about 2 acres. Then the new pond comes when he gets time and things dry out more.

View attachment 34306
That is one gnarly old white oak!

Last edited:
yikes. I may have over done it.. those boxes are full of miscanthus rhizomes.
I’m sore just looking at that!
Headed out tomorrow in the snow. Crossing my fingers it’s not to wet to get started.

good thing I have a temperature controlled chest freezer.

672565C6-D759-4C1F-B574-3DA704EFC171.png

Last edited:
No pics but I’m sore tonight. 1200 miscanthus rhizomes in the ground today. Only a “few” :emoji_rolling_eyes:more to go.

View attachment 34305

View attachment 34306

I think your new set-up there is going to be a great killer spot. Love the long secluded plot going back with a ridge that drops off. Perfect for that large mature buck to cruise around low and unnoticed and then enter to check where he gets some scent.

Bill, you poor man. That's work. I bent over with a chainsaw cutting stuff off at the ground last weekend. Turns out I've been an office punk for too long.

If you have too many of them, send the MG my way. I'll put em to use.

2500 more miscanthus rhizomes ground yesterday. Switched to working the 4 new plots and fruit trees today.

Disked, packed and seeded with clover. Wrong time of year but I don’t always follow best practices.

65C9F8C6-48F8-4073-87AE-B3B4743A002C.jpeg0ECCDF1D-5941-468B-84C2-D4314159D44F.jpeg874D9970-FAE0-4C40-B328-1670ABBC6816.jpeg93CD41C3-1C6D-4E49-884A-B95EF640961C.jpeg

Four more fruit trees here

9E9AE5AD-3361-4BF9-886C-311BE4BA44BD.jpeg
0D2A76F7-434C-4E3F-A420-A16976339994.jpeg

Last years Kiefer woke up well...73573C5A-7F99-4903-B0D8-2BF4E59DFD14.jpeg

Two crabs next to a stand on the clover.

CAF9680F-B709-426D-8415-9CCE01A6BC53.jpeg

1000 miscanthus rhizomes, two liberty apples then 4 acres of beans today. Get the sprayer out tomorrow and finish beans on Monday. Not sure yet how many acres I’m putting in. At least 15.

I can’t wait to get home to my wife’s honey do list.....

I can’t wait to get home to my wife’s honey do list.....

Your going to need to go home to rest!

-John

that's a load of projects you got done. Good exercise. How did you prep the ground for the miscanthus?