Looking for Map providers

DRG3

5 year old buck +
Hello,

Does anyone know of a good online or app based service where I could get a map of my farm that I could draw on and erase and repeat?

I think better on paper and it would help my planning.

Thanks In advance

Really a screenshot from about any map then emailed to yourself and printed should work pretty well for your stated purpose. I do it occasionally for laying things out myself on paper. I also use distance measure app on my phone circled in yellow for various things also very handy.

IMG_0748.jpeg

I had Northwoods Mapping print and laminate one. Can use dry erase markers on it.

I had Northwoods Mapping print and laminate one. Can use dry erase markers on it.
That’s what I’m looking for. Thanks

Hunterra

Does anyone offer a print from OnX maps? That would be a slick way to have borders, trails, stands and other key features that are already mapped.

That's who I got our wall map from. They drafted up several different options and I chose the one I liked best.

I mounted mine on a wall with tin behind it so I could stick magnets to it. I believe you can send them mapping files to add in to show trails and food plots, etc.

I mounted mine on a wall with tin behind it so I could stick magnets to it. I believe you can send them mapping files to add in to show trails and food plots, etc.

We did the same. We ordered the laminated map from Northwoods Mapping, put the tin behind it, and framed it. It's on the wall in our cabin. I like it and would recommend Northwoods to others.

I found this review to be pretty helpful. He compares several side-by-side.

You can save a file on google earth or even use draft logic for drawing.

Staples might be able to print a large laminated picture for you.

My local one prints blue prints for me laminated too

I’d just put a paper map under a sheet of glass/pexi and use a dry erase marker on it

I’d just put a paper map under a sheet of glass/pexi and use a dry erase marker on it
The good thing about this option is that you can modify changes over time. If you go this route, I would print it with a flat or non-glossy finish. The glass and/or glossy finish with reflect more.

Lotta online map services and apps these days. Another approach which did a number of years ago to gift a map to a friend for letting me bird hunt was go to county clerk/land office and see if they offer a service. Got to sit next to the tech as he brought stuff up on the screen and pick the center point and zoom amount. They have all the software and printers for official county business and for a small fee would accommodate the public.

Also did a download of old aerial file of my land in 1938 from a state web site that had amazing detail. Was digitized from high quality black/white photos that were spliced together. It was over a 20 MB file and if you zoomed in you could see individual shocks of wheat or some grain in neighbor's field. Went to Kinkos and got some 2' x 3' prints for myself and gave a few to neighbors.

Last edited: