Let's talk Buckwheat

Oh, I thought u said u were gonna kill the rye this spring.
If u don't mind me asking, what did clearing the plot run u? I have some really big trees sitting in the middle of a couple new plots, I'm dreaming up. I haven't contacted anyone for some bids...

I had Reed & Hoppe do mine. He may have been a little higher in his bid but he has three dozers with root rakes which many other guys didn't. I'm happy with the job and very little dirt in the piles and in sand country that's important. If I have a name there is a guy in your area that a guy on QDMA site used and looked good too. I can check my notes for the dozer operators name .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Reed & Hoppe do mine. He may have been a little higher in his bid but he has three dozers with root rakes which many other guys didn't. I'm happy with the job and very little dirt in the piles and in sand country that's important. If I have a name there is a guy in your area that a guy on QDMA site used and looked good too. I can check my notes for the dozer operators name .

Root rake, never thought of that, thanks. I don't like the idea of sand piles either. I wonder how big of trees these dozers can tackle. I've got some huge white pine. I'd like to log them off and have the dozer clean it up, but I don't know how they can handle massive stumps. I think this root rake would help, I'm pretty sure I've see them on dozers before

If they don't have a root rake walk away. Otherwise your going to find your topsoil in a pile with the stumps trust me.

Oh, I thought u said u were gonna kill the rye this spring.
If u don't mind me asking, what did clearing the plot run u? I have some really big trees sitting in the middle of a couple new plots, I'm dreaming up. I haven't contacted anyone for some bids...

Out of your area but last summer I had a Dozer hired from Iron Mountain to put in trails and clear out 2 plots. The one plot was forest before. I cut and logged the bigger trees leaving 3 ft stumps. He had no trouble popping out the stumps quickly with his Dozer. He also had a root rake which he used to rake and level everything. Final cost was I think $900 for 10hrs work including a lunch break where we grilled out and fed him. He did a great job. He had a large Dozer and knew how to use it. He even let my son and I drive it.

Out of your area but last summer I had a Dozer hired from Iron Mountain to put in trails and clear out 2 plots. The one plot was forest before. I cut and logged the bigger trees leaving 3 ft stumps. He had no trouble popping out the stumps quickly with his Dozer. He also had a root rake which he used to rake and level everything. Final cost was I think $900 for 10hrs work including a lunch break where we grilled out and fed him. He did a great job. He had a large Dozer and knew how to use it. He even let my son and I drive it.
That's a great price. There are a lot of guys with dozers but not many with rakes or how to do food plots but all of them think they know how.