Let's eat some fresh 2019 apples

The more I eat those Priscilla the more I like them Steve. They are sweet and crispy thanks for letting us come get some yesterday. I let several people at work try them too and they like them as well. If I seen these at the store I would pick them up but I don’t think I ever have.

The more I eat those Priscilla the more I like them Steve. They are sweet and crispy thanks for letting us come get some yesterday. I let several people at work try them too and they like them as well. If I seen these at the store I would pick them up but I don’t think I ever have.

Glad you enjoyed them DLH. They have become a favorite for me too.

Now I'm sad I lost my graft of Priscilla this summer :(

I'm not sure exactly what variety of apple this is but I believe it is a Yellow Transparent, very tart and makes good sauce. This tree is out in the middle of our hayfield and when they start dropping they they fall fast and the deer know it.

VvlJaWt.jpg

GAzy7OQ.jpg

Considering we're sort of on topic.

What is everyones favorite early season apple?
Looking for the best out of hand eating plus juice quality.

Have 1 spot available in the home orchard.
Currently leaning towards either
Kinderkrisp, pricilla, zestar, sansa, red june
Would plant sweettango, but belive it is reserved for commercial production.

Have chestnut, dolgo, state fair.
Open to suggestions.

Open to suggestions.

Trailman for fresh eating, not sure about juice.

Open to suggestions.

Only one off your list that I've had so far is a Zestar. Hands down the best apple I've ever eaten. Grafted 3 more this past spring. It is susceptible to scab.

Uralian butter. First fruit from this tree. The taste was decent, not F457FAE7-3ACA-4FB7-B031-869B72ECEC59.jpegbad for a summer apple.

Priscilla is the most DR one on your list. Good eater too. I tried one from a nursery in N.Y. near Seneca Lake last fall. Our Priscilla trees at camp need another 2 or 3 years to produce their first apples. Don't know about the juice.

I tried a Norland today. Just a bit early, but a buddy harvested his and said they had brown seeds.
cce853a25d6eb762cb174e290cfdedc1.jpg

30e48bab84f5137e8fd954210c53199f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking apples everyone. Keep posting your pics.

It seems a little early, but my Myers Royal Limbertwigs have started slowly falling from the tree. The taste is a little tart right now, but let them set for a few weeks and you will have a TASTE of HEAVEN...………. I picked these up off the ground.

BxP95Fh.jpg

pyGG7lE.jpg

v8WQhLt.jpg

Myers Royal Limbertwigs have started slowly falling from the tree. The taste is a little tart right now, but let them set for a few weeks and you will have a TASTE of HEAVEN..

Are those southern apples, or are they hardy?

Are those southern apples, or are they hardy?

I keep my hind end away from cold places so I don't know or care. But TOA lists them as Zones 5-10 if that is any help to you. Best wishes.

Good to know. Thanks.

These Yates won't be ripe until October, but just thought I would share a picture since they were looking so good. There might not be a better deer apple for my area. Mine drop well into November.

8gyoYon.jpg

cEVWrhF.jpg

Norland tasted good. Really our first apple of the fall.
bb4a07d749b5822d91483f1fa4a88a83.jpg
d2f7a72ac149c677e6b3804607dd16e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk