Late summer clover herbicide application

That was true about 10 years ago Jack. Now they have diploid varieties that have higher sugar levels with same attractiveness. I’ll link the studies in a bit

Also annuals tend to become invasive whether Tetraploid or diploid, less so with perennials
I used high sucrose tetraploid perennial. Again, no significant use so far.

Spraying can be ineffective in hot weather. Some things go dormant and get destroyed by the sun before it gets to the roots. Depends on plant and chemical.

Nutsedge is a tuber plant much like tulips and potatoes and garlic. Kill the leaves, but the root brings it back. I have to battle it and will do so with specific herbicide. Regular mowing keeps it at bay, but never kills it. Same with gly too. There's so much of it around me, I may never win anyways

My fall strategy is to spray about 1 quart an acre glyphosate. Wait a week, then plant a cereal grain and about 4-6lbs of clovers. Spread, now, then roll whatever you got. Cultipacker, tire drag, atv with tires, anything like that. Used to fill the atv tires higher pressure before I had better stuff. Usually 8psi.

Used to do wheat n oats, but moved to rye.

Dont sweat perfect clover. Critters pass up clover tor weeds very often.

I actually collect plantain, crabgrass, and dandelion seed. I used to clip grapevine, but only remove it from nut n fruit trees.

Hot rod a push mower....... put bigger tires on it, get the largest motor, and put a 1 inch smaller blade on it. Used it for years on a small plot or two.