LASIK

Congrats - so glad it went well;

I did the PRK version... which was a small version of a month of living hell, you always here about the regular lasik and the instant success so just as a heads up for anyone considering lasik and being talked into the PRK method. There are advantages to it but they under estimate and under explain that 1 month heal time. Due to the nature of my job and the benefits of not ever having a corneal flap I went with the PRK route over the more popular lasik flap route. The heal process was horrible... and by horrible I mean HORRIBLE... plan on having 2 weeks minimum off from work.
Having lasik done was life changing for me in a positive way; The final straw was during gun deer hunting ten years ago,(I wore glasses since 9th grade) we were hunting a spruce and tag alder swamp, I was sweating - snow was coming off the trees - glasses were so fogged up that I couldnt even dream of ever making a shot at a deer and I snapped, right then and there I was done - lasik was going to happen. I opted for the custom view upper end procedure with PRK... I have no regrets other than the heal time it took. Im now 20-20 20-30 ish, came out of the process about the same with one eye a little better than the other and pretty much have kept that. I have to wear cheaters to read - but Im getting old and knew that lasik would not fix that, though at the time of the surgery i didnt wear them... just gradually started to wear them as I aged a bit more.

Now that the procedure is behind you and successful, you will never regret it.. and you will be amazed at how convenient not having to wear glasses is... plus now you can buy cool sunglasses!

I gave my wife a Christmas present of LASIK over 25 years ago. It was quite expensive at that time, $3K for both eyes. I went to get breakfast while she was having the procedure done. She was waiting a half hour for me when I returned an hour later. She had previously worn contact lenses. I figure that I am well ahead of the game on just the money we have saved on her contacts and related cleaning products. Not to mention the nightly cleaning of them, the hassle when one dropped to the floor, eye exams, and everything else involved with contacts.
My wife had no after surgery problems. Called it her best Christmas present ever.

I did the PRK version... which was a small version of a month of living hell, you always here about the regular lasik and the instant success so just as a heads up for anyone considering lasik and being talked into the PRK method. There are advantages to it but they under estimate and under explain that 1 month heal time. Due to the nature of my job and the benefits of not ever having a corneal flap I went with the PRK route over the more popular lasik flap route. The heal process was horrible... and by horrible I mean HORRIBLE... plan on having 2 weeks minimum off from work.
Having lasik done was life changing for me in a positive way; The final straw was during gun deer hunting ten years ago,(I wore glasses since 9th grade) we were hunting a spruce and tag alder swamp, I was sweating - snow was coming off the trees - glasses were so fogged up that I couldnt even dream of ever making a shot at a deer and I snapped, right then and there I was done - lasik was going to happen. I opted for the custom view upper end procedure with PRK... I have no regrets other than the heal time it took. Im now 20-20 20-30 ish, came out of the process about the same with one eye a little better than the other and pretty much have kept that. I have to wear cheaters to read - but Im getting old and knew that lasik would not fix that, though at the time of the surgery i didnt wear them... just gradually started to wear them as I aged a bit more.

Now that the procedure is behind you and successful, you will never regret it.. and you will be amazed at how convenient not having to wear glasses is... plus now you can buy cool sunglasses!

Yep, had PRK done as well around 11 years ago to fix an eye condition and correct my vision. I was out 2.5 weeks from work and it was pretty tough. Took a good month for my vision to fully stabilize to 20/20, but it was worth it. But like Cavey said, it’s no joke.

One thing to keep in mind is wearing safety glasses while in the woods. Seems like you get so used to having glasses protect your eyes that when you no longer wear them, every small limb finds a way to poke you in the eye. Still happens to this day....

Glad it went well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing to keep in mind is wearing safety glasses while in the woods. Seems like you get so used to having glasses protect your eyes that when you no longer wear them, every small limb finds a way to poke you in the eye. Still happens to this day....

Glad it went well.

That’s a fact! Every time I take my glasses off in the woods something goes for my eyes..

Yep, had PRK done as well around 11 years ago to fix an eye condition and correct my vision. I was out 2.5 weeks from work and it was pretty tough. Took a good month for my vision to fully stabilize to 20/20, but it was worth it. But like Cavey said, it’s no joke.

Glad it went well.

I actually had PRK done also I did each eye separately and went back to work the next day with a shirt pocket full of eye drops. The healing process was rough I used lacrilube at night after the first night against the physicians advise only thing that kept me from clawing my eye out the first week after surgery.

I have been back to the eye Dr twice now from sticks in the eye. I second safety glasses or at least full wrap sunglasses in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There's new technology on the horizon that will eliminate wounding altogether. I'm not sure of the timeline, but it's coming. Stay tuned.

Finished my first night back to work. I have halos but was told to expect that for awhile. Came back to a busy night. Call to call with a bank robbery, shooting, angry drunk guy throwing metal trash can covers at us before he got tased and smushed, and many disturbances. Just glad I didn’t get hit or spit on in my eyes.

Last edited:
Finished my first night back to work. I have halos but was told to expect that for awhile. Came back to a busy night. Call to call with a bank robbery, shooting, angry drunk guy throwing metal trash can covers at us before he got tased and smushed, and many disturbances. Just glad I didn’t get hit or spit on in my eyes.

And we get paid to have all this fun!