LASIK

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Finally decided to get my eyes done. My surgery is Friday so hopefully I will be able to see and shot straight after the surgery. I’m blind without my contact so this will be really nice at hunting camp if successful.

Its on my list. However an optometrist brought up something I had never thought of. He asked in the practice you go to how many of the optometrists wear glasses. I thought for a minute and replied all of them. His next question was why do you think that is? I had no good answer.

"A recent study shows eye doctors are at least five times more likely as the general public to choose vision correction surgery for themselves. The study, featured in the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, surveyed 250 surgeons who perform LASIK. Of those, 62.6 percent said they have already undergone LASIK to correct their vision, and 91 percent said they have done it or recommended it for their immediate family members."

https://americanrefractivesurgerycouncil.org/eye-doctors-are-lasik-patients-too/

Haven't done it yet, but am very much leaning towards its after hearing numerous positive results.

It is the single greatest thing I’ve ever done for myself. I wore glasses from the age of ten until my early 40s. I had 20/150 vision. After surgery I went to 20/15. I’m 57 now and of course need to wear readers but other than that my vision is still sharp and clear. It’s been over twelve years. The best advice I got was from a doctor friend who had the procedure done. He said if you can just keep your eyes closed for 24 hours afterwards they’ll heal faster. I don’t know how true that is today but I did it anyway. I occasionally have some dry eyes but nothing inconvenient. I don’t have any side effects other than that. I’m sure you’ll be pleased.

I had it done 1.5 years ago, no regrets, other then wishing I would of done it earlier. I wear cheaters when reading a lot, but no need for them any other time. Prior to it, I needed to have 2 pairs of glasses, one for driving, one for reading, because I couldnt stand bifocals.

agree with comments above

Had mine done in 1999

well pleased

bill

Oh yes do it no more trying to get contacts in m eye at 330 in the morning or glasses fogging up or getting wet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Finally decided to get my eyes done. My surgery is Friday so hopefully I will be able to see and shot straight after the surgery. I’m blind without my contact so this will be really nice at hunting camp if successful.

I had lasik many years ago. It was one of the best decisions my wife and I made. My initial correction was 20/15. I did have some haloing at night but it was not bad. The technology has improved since then. I can still pass the drivers vision test to drive with uncorrected vision, but I feel more comfortable with glasses now. My vision degraded slowly over time but I had many years of athletics and outdoor activities without the inconvenience of glasses or contacts. I have some pollen allergies so contacts were always problematic for me and I had an astigmatism as well.

I had one eye done in late December and the other done in early Jan so I could use FSA money to cover the cost. I'm sure cost has dropped significantly since then. I would have spent more on glasses and contacts over those years than I did on lasik.

I hope you have a great outcome!

Thanks,

jack

I had it done and have no regrets. I would do it ten times over.

Like many others said, I had it done about 25 years ago and my only regret is not doing it sooner, best money I have ever spent!

I will add to having mine done, I get dry eyes when driving a lot at night still, but if I remember to just take some eye drops with me on long drives, it is no big deal.

Add me to the list of folks SUPER happy to have had it done! Fifteen years in, I have lost a bit of the perfect results I had during the initial years but I'm chalking that up to simply continued aging.

FAVORITE THING ABOUT IT? As a southerner active in hot/humid temps, LOVED not having the put up with constantly fogging glasses (or the headaches of contact care when I used them).

ONLY SLIGHT NEGATIVE I EXPERIENCED? I do find that the brighter the lighting, the notably sharper my vision is and vice versa (bit poorer in lower lighting). Can't speak to exactly why but for some reason it's noticeably softer / less sharp in stores using somewhat dim fluorescents, but as much as I hate shopping (outside sporting good stores) not even sure I see that as a negative. ;-)

Seriously, like others I would say it was one of the investments I feel I got the biggest bank for the bucks I spent. Good luck and hope you too feel the same post-op!

I read an article awhile back about this and another procedure called smile and they were talking about the people that had committed suicide because of the dry eyes and pain

My wife told me about that before I had mine done, I just told her I am not a pussy, and that I wouldn’t commit suicide for dry eyes. Maybe for my bad back, knee, shoulders, but not for having dry eyes.

Seriously the dry eyes mostly end after a few months. Mine bother me some if I am driving a lot, nothing a couple eye drops wouldn’t cure.

I do have pretty bad sun sensitivity and wear sunglasses a fair amount but it is still way better than having to mess with glasses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’m kinda with Jack. Had it done 19 years ago though my outcome wasn’t 20/15. I can see well without glasses. I can read street signs without them that my wife can’t read with her contacts in. But with glasses I see 20/15. I find it hard to give up on that and choose to still wear glasses. Since I would need readers anyway it’s just easier for me to have them built into progressive lenses and call it soup..

I wouldn’t try to talk anyone out of it. It is nice not needing glasses. Now I’m hoping for caderacks! My brother had his fixed and they put in lenses that eliminated the need for reading glasses and corrected all his vision woes.

Had my surgery yesterday afternoon. Just got back from my post op check up. I went from legally blind without correction to 20/20 in my left eye and 20/30 in my rt eye. They said that the vision should continue to improve as the eyes heal and everything looks great.

Congrats. Glad it went well

Awesome news. I’m really happy for you.