Landscape rakes.

Keadog

A good 3 year old buck
Looking for a landscape rake, probably with gauge wheels and definitely one that can be reversed. Would prefer not to wait months for delivery. (Fall cleanup is closer than we may want to believe).
My MX6000 is about 80# wide the way the rear R14s are mounted and would probably look at 84" models BUT many areas on the trails I want to maintain aren't that wide (trees, etc) so I think I'm limited to 72".
I've looked at the usual suspects (LP, EA, Heritage, etc) but wondered if I'm missing a small producer that might have a competitive product that I'm just not aware of.
I should have bought one years ago when they were literally half the price (or less), but I'm probably going to bite the bullet this year. That will leave the only thing on my wish list - a good 3 point chipper (but not in the budget this year according to the CEO/CFO).
Thanks for any hints.

I don’t own one yet, so please take this with a big grain of salt.

Last year I helped my buddy do some trail work at his property using his brand new 7’ TS rake (not reversable). He was using it to rough up some existing trails for planting clover and for smoothing a new logging road that was basically a rough dozer path. Lots of rocks and tree roots.

On the existing roads his rake was so light that it just bounced on the sod no matter how many passes he made. Not very successful at all.

He started working on the skidder trail about noon. By 4 pm it looked worse than when he started and the TS rake was DESTROYED. Many bent tines plus I think he bent the frame too. I laughed pretty hard because he’s my friend😂

If or when I buy one, I know I’m going to get something as HD as I can afford…..because my place has lots of rock.

Thanks. This will mainly for clearing established trails (fallen tree limbs, etc), but I do plan to avoid the "bargain priced" units. I'm just tired of driving around in the Ranger and stopping to pick up crunches every 50 feet.

Uh, branches.

I do the exact same thing to pick up crap in the trails. It does got old.

I’m not saying his was junk, he certainly abused it. I bet it would have worked great for what you’re talking about. I think he paid around $700 for it. We both already know what the nice EA one costs!

I have about 2 miles of wooded trails and I’m just not 100% sure I’ll get enough use out of a $3k rake. But if I get a light duty rake, I’m sure I’ll crumple it. Plus they take up a bunch of space I don’t really have.

What I really need is a nearby friend with one!!!

Good luck!

I have a Ford Industrial landscape rake that was probably built in the 50's. Pretty rugged implement. After I logged my property I cleaned up some of the log landing areas with the landscape rake. I first tried mounting on the rear 3 point.....and that was OK...but the debris piled up fast and it was hard to clean out the sticks that got wedged between the teeth, etc. Then.....using a Titan 3 point plate that mounts to my QA loader.....I put the landscape rake on the front end loader and rotated it 180 degrees to drive into the debris. What a great way to operate when clearing lots of limbs and logging debris! Easy to clean out the teeth to.....just work the loader to rid those sticks. Didnt seem like I needed the gauge wheels either (I dont have any) but I'm sure it would not hurt. I think I paid $150 for my rake. Also tried to doze some snow with it.....but that did not work too well. lol.
landscape rake.jpeg

Mine is a simple King Kutter 72”. It’s available at most Tractor Supply type stores. I don’t have the wheel kit (yet), but I am planning on adding that soon, as I believe will add to the usefulness of the rake.

I use it several times a year. It’s not heavy duty, but it works pretty good on the rocks and stuff I have and has held together well. I like that the tines are easy to replace (I bent one) and it is very easy to reverse (a feature I use frequently).

IMG_0213.jpeg