Land Tour

I used to hunt near there when I lived in LP. Big bodied deer and sometimes nice racks. It would be the bomb with some regulation changes/season changes.

As Sandbur pointed out....it would be nice to have an arial photocopy like the above to keep in your pocket when on the land tour. It's ways a bit confusing while walking someone else's property. .......or, maybe it's just me? :eek:o_O

Stu - It is doubtful that I will be able to attend however if I can I will. Looks like you have some good edge habitat to work with. I also like the fact that you are able to access stands mostly from the east side. During the rut we typically have westerly winds of some kind (NW or SW). At least where I hunt.

Bob and Stu, How did you guys get together? Did you buy land across from each other? Or did you know each other before you bought? I think it is great you can work together. I do that with my neighbor in Missouri all the time. We each have enough equipment to get things done, and we enjoy each others company each time we are at the farms the same time! Congrats to both of you.

MOBC...the land I have now was owned by Bob's brother. He surveyed it into two pieces (mine and what Bob currently owns) because it was larger than I could afford and because there's a cabin on the piece owned by Bob (I didn't want a cabin). Bob was my realtor...I looked at quite a few properties with him before I bought here. The first email exchange I had with Bob I knew he was a good guy. None of the high pressure/sales pitch/roses and rainbows/in your face crap. Just a straight forward, honest guy. Once I met him and looked at the first property we checked out I knew he'd be the realtor I'd be using when I purchased land in MN.

When he builds out here he may get sick of me asking him to fix mechanical crap for me though :oops:
Not likely Stu. It's a good fit for me. I enjoy fixing stuff and I know nothing about improving habitat. I had always thought about it but realistically I probably would have never got to it if I hadn't met you.

As Sandbur pointed out....it would be nice to have an arial photocopy like the above to keep in your pocket when on the land tour. It's ways a bit confusing while walking someone else's property. .......or, maybe it's just me? :eek:o_O
I will make some copies.

MOBC...the land I have now was owned by Bob's brother. He surveyed it into two pieces (mine and what Bob currently owns) because it was larger than I could afford and because there's a cabin on the piece owned by Bob (I didn't want a cabin). Bob was my realtor...I looked at quite a few properties with him before I bought here. The first email exchange I had with Bob I knew he was a good guy. None of the high pressure/sales pitch/roses and rainbows/in your face crap. Just a straight forward, honest guy. Once I met him and looked at the first property we checked out I knew he'd be the realtor I'd be using when I purchased land in MN.

When he builds out here he may get sick of me asking him to fix mechanical crap for me though :oops:

It has taken me a lifetime to find what I call "Real Estate Professionals" like him, that I can trust. They are not that common unfortunately! Hats off to Bob!

That is a great story Stu! Thanks for sharing!

Bob- you and I need to visit a bit on Sunday. I need some advice.

(Then you can call it a business expense!)

:)
Bob- you and I need to visit a bit on Sunday. I need some advice.

(Then you can call it a business expense!)

You are all welcome to bring an ATV if you like. It will be a little bit of a walk around the creek to the food plot. I will have mine there for anyone who wants to use it.

Will there be a boxes of beer? I plan on coming if the rain comes tomoro. I only have 3 of 16 acres done and need some tractor time bad.

Me and Art may leg wrestle if its not to hot.

Will there be a boxes of beer? I plan on coming if the rain comes tomoro. I only have 3 of 16 acres done and need some tractor time bad.

Me and Art may leg wrestle if its not to hot.

Stop and plant my foodplots on the way by. Got pontoons? Most are drowned out.

what do we charge for them to watch us leg wrestle?

Hmmmm. New way to scam......err....I mean raise funds.....now that the rain dance gig has been ruined by the monsoons. Art, you do the leg wrestling and I'll collect the fees. Them folks that go to the pig wrestling at Leader will flock in by the buss loads. ;)

Hmmmm. New way to scam......err....I mean raise funds.....now that the rain dance gig has been ruined by the monsoons. Art, you do the leg wrestling and I'll collect the fees. Them folks that go to the pig wrestling at Leader will flock in by the buss loads. ;)
Leg wrestling might be more interesting with younger people of other sex.. just my two cents again.

Leader, Backus, Jenkins, and they think we are red necks. No such thing, just Jack Pine Savages. Too damn many bugs to let your neck get exposed and let it get red.

This kind of " LAND TOUR " happen often out there in Minnesota??? ^^^^^;):D

I am watching how much rain we get tonite. If we get lucky I will be on the tractor making up for lost time.

This kind of " LAND TOUR " happen often out there in Minnesota??? ^^^^^;):D
That ain't all. We used to have turtle races but have turned to woodtick races.

I posted on QHMG fb page, but just trying to cover the bases....Tom and Art have confirmed attendance...anybody else? Brooks? Freeborn? Wildfire? 7 guys said they were coming on the fb page....Just trying to figure out how many brats to cook.
I'm still looking forward to seeing what you have done in two-three years. Regardless of the rain.

I would love to come and see the properties. Unfortunately I'm going to need to take a day off and get some stuff done around the house. Between the food plots and 10 hr work days it hadn't left me much time to get any house stuff done. Have fun guys!

Nice Day! Thanks for hosting us Stu and Bob. Fun to see what other guys are doing....nice properties and projects planned...and the Brat's were great. :D Disappointed that Art and Brooks backed out of the leg wrestling tho. ;)

(I didn't find a single tick on me all day! Thanks Repel!)