Land auction

Two ponds and that creek bottom probably $40,000-$80,000 in mature walnut ready for harvest. Then I have to decide where the new interior fences will go and my deer orchard for this place.

Congrats, looks like a nice property!

Congrats … looks like a good one. I like the multiple access. Did you get a good price? If so did you think highway helped with price? Could you put billboards up by the highway for extra revenue?

If you dont let the highway bother you, if dang sure wont bother the the deer. I killed my biggest buck ever, sitting on the ground 29 yards off the guardrail of a busy US highway. The deer was 30 yards from me. Scored 157 - which is a gigantic deer for piney woods southern deer. And he isnt the only big one there. I always just smile to myself when someone says you have to get way back in the woods to get the big deer. They are 100% wrong - at least in my area. But, I hope the keep believing that.

I was $20,000 under my no go number of $600k so is it a good price idk that’s probably in eye of the beholder.

Found out after the auction my in-law was bidding against me via phone lol he will be the guy renting the pasture ground regardless.

Found out after the auction my in-law was bidding against me via phone lol he will be the guy renting the pasture ground regardless.
Good to know you’ve got a renter that wants it

Guys darn near fight over pasture ground for rent around here biggest problem is SE Kansas is known for very large whitetail many many out of area guys running the property values way higher than the cattle ranches can actually pay and farm them at a profit. My in-law was probably out at $450,000 and that’s most likely beyond profitable, probably $300,000 is break even. Adam LaRoach the retired ball player owns quite a bit of ground east of that farm and I was terrified his father in law would be there bidding against me if he had been I wouldn’t have purchased it no question so the Interstate most likely helped me tremendously in that the real heavyweight bidders didn’t show.

Congrats on the purchase

My oldest boy and his buddy ran over to the new farm today after the auction his buddy pulled out a 12lb channel cat out of one of the ponds.

Attachments

• 4473DAF1-AB03-4721-AF31-3165B498F235.jpeg
    4473DAF1-AB03-4721-AF31-3165B498F235.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 45
Good call on that one. Same thing I do on knives I buy on eBay I know my number and bid in the last 3sec I either win or loose but I don’t go over my number.

For that check out Auction sniper. You can’t out react an algorithm. Still pick your number but it gets submitted on a graduating scale and it is lightening fast at raising the next highest bid up to your max. But sometimes it saves you $.

I found that after getting hosed by to many algorithms…

And congratulations on the new land…

Congratulations on the new property. Looks great.

Good call on that one. Same thing I do on knives I buy on eBay I know my number and bid in the last 3sec I either win or loose but I don’t go over my number.
Why don’t you bid your best price in the earlier? I’m dying to know. Never could figure this out with online auctions. The guy that thinks he’s gonna win just knows sooner.

You don't bid your best price in at first for the same reason that you don't usually bid on the auctioneers first starting price.If you give your highest then you may pay too much.Say you are willing to give 3000 an acre but the other bidder can only go to 2500 you would pay an extra 500 per acre or you may have a guy that will give 3050 an acre and get bid from you because you can't go any higher.

Bidding online in particular I find it best to throw MY number in on the last three seconds only the guy currently winning if he has a top number higher than mine will beat me and have no time to second guess his max and rebid. On a 4-6 day auction if I see a knife I don’t have and want if I bid early all I tend to do is run the price up in my experience. To put this in context I have something like 55 Kershaw Blur pocket knives and those aren’t the only knives I collect. I did just buy a 1968 or 1969 Buck 122/124 new in box at auction cost me just under $700 for that knife.

I was referring to online auctions that don’t actually share your full bid, only that required to win. Why snipe?