All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kentucky coffeetree

ksgobbler

5 year old buck +
Is anybody interested in some Kentucky coffeetree seeds? The kids and myself collected some for a coworker and he decided he didnt want them.

Nice trees, they get BIG, I plant em all the time on city projects as they are as tough as they come.

Nice trees, they get BIG, I plant em all the time on city projects as they are as tough as they come.
Ive got a quality specimen and a slightly smaller one down by the creek. Thought about starting a few to plant in the yard. Easy to get when the pods finally drop.

Is there any realistic wildlife/timber value to them? I know where I can find some if I need/want them, but I never really considered them to be of much value that I was aware of. I would think the pods would make a mess in a lawn (I have walnuts).

We have several on our place. I've released a few just for variety. I haven't found a wildlife benefit yet though.