I See We are Now Blessed!

QDMA proved to be in it for the money. That's pretty much what it boils down to.

The MN constituents pulled out of QDMA because we needed help and they said "sorry, can't help ya" despite years of fundraising for the organization. I never bought into QDMA's subscription demands, so I'm speaking generally here, but having seen what went down last year I'm glad I never gave them a red cent.

For me it is shamefully simple - I followed what I considered trustworthy knowledge. I truly respect the opinion and knowledge base that is here and I feel that I can trust the people behind the avatar's. There are some on the other side I feel the same way about, but I think the vast majority of folks here are truly here to support each other and are not interested in making a buck or pushing an agenda along the way.

Besides - where else could I see Foggy bitch every time someone brings up that dot on the QDMA map!!!!

I must be the odd ball, kind of a drama queen. I was never around on the QDMA forums so I spent an hour on their forum last weekend just trying to figure out what the heck happened with these guys.

I'm addicted to habitat-talk now. The wife's favorite words now -"so what's so damn interesting on habitat now?" I thought I knew a lot until I signed up here. I realized I know nothing.
My wife thought the same thing. She kept saying there must be some woman your writing to. I keep telling her she the only one.

My qdma membrtship expires this month1) how they treated the mn. Guys 2) they never sent a dvd to me 3) life is too short to deal with mcdrooly.
Mine also expires soon. I'm also not renewing but will send the amount of the renewal to John to help support this site. I know it's not much but I'd rather see him have the $$ instead of the dark side.

This site is 10x "the other site", and I appreciate being accommodated here...even if I'm not from MN! ;) There are some good people on the other site, and I still like to ruffle feathers there every so often. I mostly absorb the material here, but appreciate all the info greatly. I could care less if anybody is brash or not- just spit it out and let the readers sort through it; life is too short to get twisted panties every time there is a disagreement.

I tell everybody I'm only interested in women that prefer to be on top, because all I know how to do is F - up!!!!!!

That's funny right there! Got to use that one….

But if there's a dot on the map, there should be a branch there right? I mean, why have the dot if there's no branch?? :p
Take that effing dot off the website NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it! I love that rant !

Well.....I ask....if you say you have a club in Pequot Lakes MN for over FIVE YEARS....yet you have NO CLUB THERE.....EVER.....does that count as supporting the deer hunters in MN?.......or is that a disingenuous statement?? LINDAY!.....TAKE DOWN THAT DOT!!

Should a guy be banned from a site for bringing this topic to light? What about if a guy tries to get the club active.....and support the movement?.....but they area rep never shows up as promised? Would you get a little torqued if this same organization now tells YOUR STATE DNR how to manage deer in said area? THEN BANS YOU FROM THEIR SITE FOR PUSHING THEIR NOSE IN THEIR OWN DAMN MESS? What?.....no WHAT??? do those folks know about what is happening in central MN?? Not much I'd say. They cannot deal with facts and truth. THAT is the problem I have with these clowns.

To quote Buggs Bunny: "What a buncha Maroons". ........and they got guys like McDoofus driving the bus and all the good 'role boys go to his place to have some kinda circle jerk, meet up once in a while.....and give McDoofux some pat's on the back and say what a good boy he is. Good grief......get a life boys.

They can put that glossy paged magazine where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned. Not another penny from me...........

Well.....I ask....if you say you have a club in Pequot Lakes MN for over FIVE YEARS....yet you have NO CLUB THERE.....EVER.....does that count as supporting the deer hunters in MN?.......or is that a disingenuous statement?? LINDAY!.....TAKE DOWN THAT DOT!!

Should a guy be banned from a site for bringing this topic to light? What about if a guy tries to get the club active.....and support the movement?.....but they area rep never shows up as promised? Would you get a little torqued if this same organization now tells YOUR STATE DNR how to manage deer in said area? THEN BANS YOU FROM THEIR SITE FOR PUSHING THEIR NOSE IN THEIR OWN DAMN MESS? What?.....no WHAT??? do those folks know about what is happening in central MN?? Not much I'd say. They cannot deal with facts and truth. THAT is the problem I have with these clowns.

To quote Buggs Bunny: "What a buncha Maroons". ........and they got guys like McDoofus driving the bus and all the good 'role boys go to his place to have some kinda circle jerk, meet up once in a while.....and give McDoofux some pat's on the back and say what a good boy he is. Good grief......get a life boys.

They can put that glossy paged magazine where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned. Not another penny from me...........
Kinda sounds like, "tear down that wall, Mr Gorbachev!" Love it!

Foggy not attacking you personally however ...

When you guys found out the dot was a typo ... rather than attacking QDM, why did all of the Minn guys just not create a QDM branch?

I mean if you gents had established a branch, and could have evidenced QDM, QDMA, ABC, or whatever was not supporting your efforts. You could have demonstrated your commitment and leverage other branches to support your cause, thus forcing QDM's hand .... "are you with us hunters, or against us" type of thing. You could have built internal support and would have also been inside the political machine to understand, influence, and infiltrate poltitics as they are.

I still don't get why all you Minn guys are pissed off ... do you really think that picking a fight with a potential political ally, has helped your cause? You decided to get into a political fight, why not play the game politically, set up a QDM branch, and gain some leverage?

Once again seems to me, hunters fighting the wrong enemy ...

Thus endeth tonight's lesson in how to be subtle. Thanks Foggy for E-A-S-I-N-G into making your point !!!:D:p

You could have built internal support and would have also been inside the political machine to understand, influence, and infiltrate poltitics as they are.

This is pretty damn funny, considering you're arguing for the creation of a group via a website which was birthed out of said group you insist should be created.

Welcome to the offspring of the Quality Habitat Management Group. ;) QDMA told us to Smile off, in no uncertain terms. So here we are.

When you guys found out the dot was a typo ... rather than attacking QDM, why did all of the Minn guys just not create a QDM branch?

I mean if you gents had established a branch, and could have evidenced QDM, QDMA, ABC, or whatever was not supporting your efforts. You could have demonstrated your commitment and leverage other branches to support your cause, thus forcing QDM's hand .... "are you with us hunters, or against us" type of thing. You could have built internal support and would have also been inside the political machine to understand, influence, and infiltrate poltitics as they are.

I still don't get why all you Minn guys are pissed off ... do you really think that picking a fight with a potential political ally, has helped your cause? You decided to get into a political fight, why not play the game politically, set up a QDM branch, and gain some leverage?

Once again seems to me, hunters fighting the wrong enemy ...

TYPO MY AZZ. What if it wasn't a typo Einstien? How would you feel then? Lindsay himself wrote to me that they leave certain inactive clubs on the map in hopes that they become active again. This one was never active for I believe what must be 8 years now. Never became active and the guy running the show moved away several years ago. Just try to call him. And then they BAN you for calling a spade a spade? If your gonna support that nonsense....you need to find a life.

I made SEVERAL calls to the regional reps and offered financial and other support to get a club established. They could not even follow thru on my efforts.......sad, sad situation....if you ask me. So don't pretend you know what happened when you don't. OK?

BUT....the real reason for my frustration and for many others here.......was that the QDMA tried to sweep our discontent with them under the rug....when we had a legitimate deer problem here in MN and they would not provide even one little bit of support to us. The QDMA Organization can kiss my zzz for taking that position......and then telling us that they have our best interests at heart......and getting our MN DNR down to their "deer summit". Then ban several guys here for calling them out. Give me a break.

If you want everyone here to get real warm and fuzzy with your ideas about the QDMA.....you have come to the wrong place.....IMO.

This is pretty damn funny, considering you're arguing for the creation of a group via a website which was birthed out of said group you insist should be created.

Welcome to the offspring of the Quality Habitat Management Group. ;) QDMA told us to Smile off, in no uncertain terms. So here we are.

I thought this was Habitat Talk ... what am I missing? When did this site turn into only Minnesota hunting politics?

I am not arguing anything, I am asking what you gained by alienating the QDMA?

How are you in a better position today, lobbying the Minn-DNR by alienating a nationally recognized, politically important, deer hunter lobbyist group such as the QDMA?

I am not picking sides, just please share with me wisdom I seem to be missing?

^ Tree Spud. Sevearal folks on this site have been involved in QDMA branches. ALL of the money raised at these branches goes back to the main organization and NONE goes toward the state in which it is raised. Some took exception to that nonsense. Others tried to get QDMA to provide just a little bit of help when help was needed here in MN.....to no avail. Instead their website bashed folks here for trying to do the right thing for the deer in MN. A few of us took exception to that. We did not alienate the QDMA.....it's actually the other way around.....if you ask me.

THAT is the point you are missing.....and if you had BEEN THERE.....then you would share in that wisdom.

I thought this was Habitat Talk ... what am I missing? When did this site turn into only Minnesota hunting politics?

I am not arguing anything, I am asking what you gained by alienating the QDMA?

How are you in a better position today, lobbying the Minn-DNR by alienating a nationally recognized, politically important, deer hunter lobbyist group such as the QDMA?

I am not picking sides, just please share with me wisdom I seem to be missing?

TheQDMA themselves have essentially said that they are non of which you just used to describe them. That is exactly why they dreamed up the NDA....a way to become "politically active" without tarnishing the QDMA brand by slinging mud when need be. So far NDA is a non entity as far as being a politiboro of the QDMA.

It seems the MN guys did more through the MDDI then the QDMA ever would have even thought about doing in a state. The MN guys had to do it themselves because QDMA wouldn't....

Also please remember there is a big difference between QDM and QDMA. They are not interchangeable and they are not synonymous. One is a movement dedicated to managing quality deer herds and one is an organization that makes money off of people who want to participate in quality deer management practices.

QUOTE]

Foggy, correct me if I’m wrong. But I do believe that Foggy did talk to a regional rep about resurrecting a branch. All he got was smoke blew up his a$$. I‘m from WI also tried to contact my regional rep to find out more about local branch’s and activities to become more involved. I sent several E-mail and not 1 was returned.

Last edited:
Had we had a Pequot branch, I might have joined QDMA. When it became belabored that they had no interest in populating the dot on the map, I realized there might be better uses of my $30. I have Foggy to thank for keeping that money in Minnesota via more trees. He might be a pain in Lindsay's ass, but he's a good guy in my book!

^^^I'd have joined the Pequot branch as well...IF corporate QDMA did anything for the deer hunters in this state anyway. It appears that maybe now...after a year of Brooks chasing and talking with our State QDMA folks that maybe, just maybe...they may be getting off their asses and getting involved. Time will tell.
NDA posted an interview with Landwehr on their FB page btw.