I See We are Now Blessed!

I'm done with any affiliation with QDMA. When you squelch your members because you can't justify your behaviors and they call you to task - that's a bit too much like a dictatorship for me to be involved with.

Ya, saw that. I'm about done posting anything on the NDA page until I see them actually do something...besides send out polls and make posts on facebook :rolleyes:

Then you are done posting!

Just to set the record straight......I like to put on that "rant act" just to provide a bit of comic relief every now and again. The guys here get a kick outta that sketch...when the subject of North Central MN.....and QDMA comes along. QDM concepts have no doubt provided lots of good things for landowners and hunters.....the "A" part....not so much. It's just that the Association has not done any favors for the folks here in MN....when we asked for even just a little support to our recent scuffle over deer numbers with our DNR. Instead, some on the forum got pissy with us, and started banning folks. Some of us are pretty sour about that. I'm quite sure had the problems we face been present in Alabama....the QDMA would have called out the calvary.

Personally I think the QDMA did more harm than good by its in-action and banning spree. The organization seems to be all "take" and no "give" IMHO. I think it could be some time before a new QDMA chapter is formed here in MN....but that's just my guess. :)

Just to set the record straight......I like to put on that "rant act" just to provide a bit of comic relief every now and again. The guys here get a kick outta that sketch...when the subject of North Central MN.....and QDMA comes along. QDM concepts have no doubt provided lots of good things for landowners and hunters.....the "A" part....not so much. It's just that the Association has not done any favors for the folks here in MN....when we asked for even just a little support to our recent scuffle over deer numbers with our DNR. Instead, some on the forum got pissy with us, and started banning folks. Some of us are pretty sour about that. I'm quite sure had the problems we face been present in Alabama....the QDMA would have called out the calvary.

Personally I think the QDMA did more harm than good by its in-action and banning spree. The organization seems to be all "take" and no "give" IMHO. I think it could be some time before a new QDMA chapter is formed here in MN....but that's just my guess. :)

No question Foggy, no question!

This seems to being doing down Mo's predicted direction. My first thought is that someone new (and harmless) comes to this forum and they are going to be what the heck is the deal here. Maybe there should be a different section in the forum just for rants because my personal feeling is that as much as some may not like the QDMA, going off on them in the General Section of this forum does not to anyone any favors and probably makes everyone less happy. QDMA exists not for the greater good of the deer and the deer hunter but to pay those running it a salary and to give them opportunities within the industry (that does not make it bad). In most cases, being a non-profit entity is just a "feel-good" facade that helps promote the business as if it is out for your well being. It's much like the preacher on TV that is the head of a non-profit church which pays him a very good salary. If he only got what your local pastor does, do you think he would still care about your "salvation"? In this case they make their decisions based on revenue projections and helping MN hunters battle your DNR is not the most efficient way to pull in revenue so why waste the energy when 1/2 the effort can be made for 2x the revenue in other states.

Most here are enlightened to what the QDMA is and they will never suit what is really needed so Imo it's best to let it go that they are anything more than a resource of information. It's easy for me to say this because I was not personally involved in this battle and was not burned like you guys but I really think in the long run you'll be happier for it. The more you complain, the better the odds are that word is going to get back at that forum and then some people that you don't want to see will come here looking to fight.

The more you complain, the better the odds are that word is going to get back at that forum and then some people that you don't want to see will come here looking to fight.
Then I hope they get banned quickly. Shouldnt be that difficult to keep this forum focused on what it was created for.

QDMA said they they do not do political lobbying, so there wouldn't really be any benefit to being aligned with them. Along with the lack of their involvement with MN hunters asking for higher DPSM, I believe (Brooks could verify) they wouldn't even supply the MDDI guys with data they were interested in.So I am not sure how MN hunters are the ones doing the alienating. Combine the lack of needing corporate QDMA with some of the egos on the darkside and you get many of the members on this forum.

I think Life is way too short and too precious to really run down Don or Matt or anyone else. I just don't see why people make such a big deal out of either of them and why people dislike them so much. I have never had an issue with either of them. I remember both of them taking different stances than QDMA over the years and one in particular was Don in regards to licenses in the state of IL. If I remember right Don was very much against out of state hunters having the same rights to licenses as in state hunters. Not saying I agree or disagree, but pretty controversial subject and expressing a pretty politically incorrect opinion in a public forum.

I would just rather see people engaged in a conversation stating facts rather than just slinging mud for no reason. I am a family man and some of the comments that are made and typed are really borderline for the conduct of what I would consider professional and most of them I would not want my mother to read. I think everyone should take a better resounding look at scrubbing the language and take a higher road.

Reactions: EOB
From way over here in Pa., it seems Shawnv has a point. Why waste energy on THAT group of folks who aren't DOING anything for you Minn. guys. Flush 'em like yesterday's breakfast and put your energy into local co-ops, neighbor relations and building your local herds. We went thru some of the same imperial top-down " we know better than you commoners " B.S. from the Pa. Game Commission. Only when local groups around the state took matters into their own hands did deer numbers start to rebound. Waiting for a state agency - or in your case Minn. - a national group with $$$ priorities to give a rat's ass - is wasted time. I know some of you fellas have legitimate gripes over the handling of things, but if I were in your shoes - I wouldn't waste my breath on them. Flush 'em and start your own local improvement and pour energy into stuff you can see happen. An old saying in the building trades : make your own conditions.

I really wish you guys out there the best in re-building your herds.

I think Life is way too short and too precious to really run down Don or Matt or anyone else. I just don't see why people make such a big deal out of either of them and why people dislike them so much. I have never had an issue with either of them. I remember both of them taking different stances than QDMA over the years and one in particular was Don in regards to licenses in the state of IL. If I remember right Don was very much against out of state hunters having the same rights to licenses as in state hunters. Not saying I agree or disagree, but pretty controversial subject and expressing a pretty politically incorrect opinion in a public forum.

I would just rather see people engaged in a conversation stating facts rather than just slinging mud for no reason. I am a family man and some of the comments that are made and typed are really borderline for the conduct of what I would consider professional and most of them I would not want my mother to read. I think everyone should take a better resounding look at scrubbing the language and take a higher road.

Name one thing either one has done that did not have a financial gain in mind for them on any forum they partake in. Maybe there are somethings but I never seen any.

That is what separates so many of us, from them.

The 2012 whitetail report was also a joke. I only looked at the wisconsin numbers, called them out on 7 th grade math mistakes , massaging numbers to fit an agenda and the thread was locked. The 2013 report went away from math and had vague generalized statements. Besides, qdma in central wisconsin has a bad rep as really tdma. No thx
Nofo we are just smsrt enough not to give $ to an organization that does nothing more than take your $. Kinda like trading a used and abused Brett farve for a clay Matthews draft pick. People in some states just take a little longer to figure out they are getting screwed. But hey, not everyone has had a professional wrestler as governor. That's something at least!

Thats it.

I've been away from the site for a couple days and come back to find this thread (and others).

This is the one and only time I will say this. If you feel the need to bash, call names or generally be an ass, go away. If you need help deciding if you should stay or go, let me know (honestly, if you are questioning it, you should reconsider how you are conducting yourself or leave).

I won't put up with bullies, trashing other sites or people. Go to Facebook for that crap.

Let's get back to habitat talk please.

John

For the record I was only joking about my mn comments....but there is always some honesty in a statement. Alright I'll stop now

For the record I was only joking about my mn comments....but there is always some honesty in a statement. Alright I'll stop now

Now that's freakin funny! Bahahahahahaha!

Also please remember there is a big difference between QDM and QDMA. They are not interchangeable and they are not synonymous. One is a movement dedicated to managing quality deer herds and one is an organization that makes money off of people who want to participate in quality deer management practices.
^^ This.