I hate Hornets :(

foggy

5 year old buck +
Went 'eye fishing tonight with Mom. Get to the sandbar.....and out from under my console come the hornets. Got stung on the hand when I swatted at them. My wife picked up one nice walleye......and the hornets got more active. Called it a nite.....even tho the bite is "on" on Gull lake.

Got back to the boat lift and my boat came alive with lots of hornets. Somehow got out without another sting...but my boat was buzzing with lots of the sob's. I cannot see the nest to spray it.....so I'm not sure what to do. Maybe lightning will strike my boat lift tonight and kill those sob's. :p

Those critters really put a hurt on me. My hand is still achy. I want revenge. :D

Good time to be fishing on your lake Foggy. My old man has been doing pretty good out there the last few weeks. Sucks when you get surprised by a batch of hornets, I had the same thing happen Sunday while opening a door on a dozer. They got my father in law while I ran like hell!

They are my least favorite creatures on the earth!

How can I kill 'em if I cannot see the nest? Ideas?

shopvac?

If they are under your console they are probably on the inside where the gauges are wired. I wouldn't want to stick my head in ther though. Maybe a bug bomb would would work.

Thats some funny schmit right there!

hand held smoke bomb to smoke em out. I wouldn't throw it in there, but hold it up to the console and root em out? Not sure how well it would work, but if you got one, great reason to light one up.

If you wait til after dark when they're holed up, you should be able to shoot the blast up under there without much danger. Use a mirror and a flashlight to see where it is first. You could always jump in the lake if they attack.

The last nest I wiped out was on the underside of the roof in a spot I hadn't gotten the vinyl fascia board up on despite having the soffits done. I had to get up close and personal because of how the soffit attach and they were dropping out dead as I was hosing the nest down.

You could spray it real good up in there and then have the wife or someone come down over the console with a big trash bag. That might help keep them in proximity to the poison.

I don't envy that problem at all, good luck getting them out.

Do what any good Jack Pine Savage would do and sell the boat to a cidiotl

Old story from about 15 miles north of foggy. And once posted on the dark side.

A guy found a prime spot for a tree stand in the spring. In early May he put the stand up, cut shooting lanes, even left a few tree steps in the tree. Took the stand down.

Early August he returned to put the stand up in the tree for the fall hunt.

He tied a rope to his belt and to the stand. Climbed the tree, pulled the stand up and chained it to the tree, but the deer flies were buzzing around his head.

Just a minute, those are not deer flies, but are coming out of a hole in the tree that is just at eye level.

Jump/climb down out of tree and keep running. Rope is tied to stand and to belt. Belt breaks, pants, fall down, but keep running.

Only stung once, but I won't show you where.

With the storm last nite I couldn't go out in the dark to spray them. Maybe tonight I will seek revenge My hand was soRe all night.

How about throwing a tarp over the whole boat and setting off a bug bomb? That way you don't have to mess with them at all.

How about throwing a tarp over the whole boat and setting off a bug bomb? That way you don't have to mess with them at all.

Not familiar with a "bug bomb". I do have a canvas cover for my boat. Will the "bomb" work? i.e. KILL hornets?

If so......I'm going to cover it tonight (when the wind goes down - big whitecaps from storm yet) and throw a "bug bomb" in there.

Its basically a fogger you set off that kills all the bugs. People use them in houses to eradicate bug problems. Lowes, home depot or any hardware store should have them. I think it would work under a cover. I'm not sure if they'll kill wasps foggy. You'll have to check the label on it.

Last edited:
Its basically a fogger you set off that kills all the bugs. People use them in houses to eradicate bug problems. Lowes, home depot or any hardware store should have them. I think it would work under a cover. I'm not sure if they'll kill wasps foggy. You'll have to check the label on it.
OK....I'm gonna check it out. The fish are / were biting before the storm......and hopefully they will start again with some nice weather. I NEED that boat. ;)

Foggy, did you get em or ya pickin out the stingers. :eek: