I Hate Bees ...

Tree Spud

5 year old buck +
Well not all bees. Reached down around the bottom of a trailer and and a bunch of wasps came out. Only a couple got me but one stung me on the lip. Felt like I was hit with a pool stick.

Went out that nite when they were dormant and zapped them with a can of Raid.

1658763316771.jpeg

I am with you...love the honeybees and other good pollinators..but last year after a span of about 10 years of not getting stung at all I got stung a dozen or more times and all but a few were while doing habitat stuff I had had enough of that getting stung by surprise business...

That looks like a Paper Wasp nest but the bees look like yellow jackets, AKA A****les with wings.

OUCH!

Ouch is right. On the lip 😣

Pretty sure that's a bald faced hornet nest. Aggressive SOBs with a nasty sting

Me too. I get stung a couple of times every year. A paper wasp got me on the bridge of the nose about a month ago. Then yesterday I was expanding the horse pasture and grabbed a grapevine to pull it off the fence. There was a hornets nest right in the middle of that grapevine. Jumped back pretty quick when I heard the buzzing but one got me on the calf. I foamed the nest and got rid of the grapevine. I'll have to check this weekend and make sure they aren't rebuilding nearby. The last thing we need is a horse to get stung.

I sure would hate to be allergic.

Me too. I get stung a couple of times every year. A paper wasp got me on the bridge of the nose about a month ago. Then yesterday I was expanding the horse pasture and grabbed a grapevine to pull it off the fence. There was a hornets nest right in the middle of that grapevine. Jumped back pretty quick when I heard the buzzing but one got me on the calf. I foamed the nest and got rid of the grapevine. I'll have to check this weekend and make sure they aren't rebuilding nearby. The last thing we need is a horse to get stung.

I sure would hate to be allergic.
Hornets are the worst then yellowjackets from my perspective. Some wasps are not too aggressive but others can be.

Those ain’t Bees. Those are Assholes!!