Hungry Voles

I have had good results around my apple trees with rodenticides containing Bromethalin and also with those containing Zinc Phosphide. I alternate between them each year. Attached is a photo from my rounds today.

I accidentally ran an experiment with rodenticide containing the Zinc Phosphide once. I left the container open in my garage. Five hours later I walked back out there and there were two dead voles on the floor. That particular rodenticide is prohibited by the State of California for use on Meadow Voles – but I don’t live there and I am not a vole hugger.
Same concept the zinc phosphide is only labeled for bait stations or bellow ground , extremely deadly on birds ,, commercial orchard use the same active ingredient and can apply much more liberally with proper license and paper trail , Zinc phosphide comes in lots of formulations and has a high odor we use bait chunks as they don't travel as much but get the job done .

Same concept the zinc phosphide is only labeled for bait stations or bellow ground

.......... above ground, the little fellas use zinc oxide for sun screen

bill