House light attracting spiders

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
Every morning I bring my dog outside I find 3-10 spiders around my entrance door. I have sprayed inside, and outside around the doors, so a lot of times they are all dead, but I hate spiders! The only thing I can think of is my light on the side of my house is on all night, and it must be attracting insects, and spiders. I haven’t sprayed my yard yet, but I will be soon.

I am sure I can’t be the only person with this problem, is there a solution? Or do I need to just shut the light off at night?

Shut the light off. Light attracts insects, insects attract spiders.

I put lights on my dock to attract insects. Makes for fat and happy bluegills. Which makes for fat and happy bass!

Screenshot_20230512_082319_Gallery.jpg

Every morning I bring my dog outside I find 3-10 spiders around my entrance door. I have sprayed inside, and outside around the doors, so a lot of times they are all dead, but I hate spiders! The only thing I can think of is my light on the side of my house is on all night, and it must be attracting insects, and spiders. I haven’t sprayed my yard yet, but I will be soon.

I am sure I can’t be the only person with this problem, is there a solution? Or do I need to just shut the light off at night?
Get a herd of toads. We grow some fat toads! They learn that the light attracts the bugs and enough fall to the ground that the toads have an easy meal.

I switched to a yellow LED bulb. It’s not as bright as I’d like but the bugs are not anywhere near as thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk