House keeping / Disrespectful Arguing / Everyone please read

I’m not mad about seeing fewer fellow peasants in the future being told they “don’t have enough acreage for qdm” when looking for advice on improving their property. That said, Baker nailed it with his take IMO.

Thanks Bill, and a great tool has been mentioned to cope with a poster who may rub one the wrong way, the ignore button, it helped me deal with the Yoder issue.

This forum is an incredible resource for all who frequent and use it. Ive been in the hunting industry for over 30 years and the amount of knowledge on this forum has no compare. It also has to be incredibly difficult to keep it from turning into what so many other forums have turned into ( and even more difficult the longer it exists as it continues to grow.) Thankfully, Bill has mastered how to do so. I have engaged with some when i should have hit the ignore button. Thanks for all you do Bill!

I like debate. I like off topic threads. I like learning about all kinds of things that include and don’t include hunting and habitat. You can get more truth off a forum of free speech than any news source.

I don't like condescending people who one up everyone and act as if they can never learn anything. I also don’t like banning people from forums. Ignore people or argue with them but don’t promote the cancel culture.

For a time, this was my go to place after the Q forum went down. But some of the best habitat people were banned. I now hang out in their new place more often than here.

I see banning people as an overall negative for any forum. Just an opinion of someone who disliked Yoder more than anyone.

#saveamishprofessor

Perhaps I'm out of line but I will defend yoderjack. While I tend to disagree with a number of his points of view and his approach can seem haughty I don't notice him attacking others that often. Rather he seems to be under attack and insulted frequently

I have to agree. Agree with him, disagree with him, like him, or allow your panties to get all bunched up about him...he's been the target of some really vile and spiteful comments. Yet, he always responded generally with dignity and decorum. I'm a little surprised that he's the guy who got banned...unless I missed something recently where he went off.

I like debate. I like off topic threads. I like learning about all kinds of things that include and don’t include hunting and habitat. You can get more truth off a forum of free speech than any news source.

I don't like condescending people who one up everyone and act as if they can never learn anything. I also don’t like banning people from forums. Ignore people or argue with them but don’t promote the cancel culture.

For a time, this was my go to place after the Q forum went down. But some of the best habitat people were banned. I now hang out in their new place more often than here.

I see banning people as an overall negative for any forum. Just an opinion of someone who disliked Yoder more than anyone.

#saveamishprofessor

Your avatar probably would've responded to a yoder post like he did at the debate with Carter..... "Well, there he goes again"

President Reagan was the last Lion of the twentieth century and easily the best president of my 68 years

I miss him

bill

I have zero idea on the background that started this thread. However, I can say I’ve been an admin on FB groups and such - it can be a nightmare and often there is an immense amount of passive aggressive attacks and such, that mostly the admin are aware of only.

This forum is fantastic and the admins do a great job!

Enjoy this time of year boys!! Fire up a saw, find a shed, pull soil samples, and mostly be safe!!

Life’s short. Enjoy it!!

wish all the posts would pertain to habitat and wildlife. Cut out all the political crap and other personal stuff. There must be specific forums somewhere else to for people to vent and argue on.

I mostly think it's Bill's fault and his leadership on this forum. does he even hunt, bro?

:D

This forum is like any others. All kinds of opinions, some great, some terrible, but you gotta sift thru them and there's great info to be had when you do. Some present their info in a more digestible way than others. It is what it is.

You will never please 100% of the people 100% of the time. Just have to do what makes it easier.

I have to agree. Agree with him, disagree with him, like him, or allow your panties to get all bunched up about him...he's been the target of some really vile and spiteful comments. Yet, he always responded generally with dignity and decorum. I'm a little surprised that he's the guy who got banned...unless I missed something recently where he went off.
^^Couldn't have said it better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s like a breath of fresh air 4 me.

Thanks 4 all you do.

I will say, I had my issues with Jack. But I don't necessarily think he should have been banned. If he was then probably most of us that posted on the COVID thread should have been. He was condescending and pompous but I really don't think he meant to be in a way. He Just thought he needed to make sure everyone knew that he was the smartest person in the room at all times.
That being said, I commend Bill for doing 2hat he thinks is right, and for all that is done to keep this site going.

I will say, I had my issues with Jack. But I don't necessarily think he should have been banned. If he was then probably most of us that posted on the COVID thread should have been. He was condescending and pompous but I really don't think he meant to be in a way. He Just thought he needed to make sure everyone knew that he was the smartest person in the room at all times.
That being said, I commend Bill for doing 2hat he thinks is right, and for all that is done to keep this site going.
Great post