House keeping / Disrespectful Arguing / Everyone please read

Bill

Administrator
This is a Public Service Announcement. The back and forth attacks are over. I banned members two days ago and more are coming.

You can disagree with someone with respect. You can’t call them names or belittle them.

And being a polite, pompous, condescending, self import prick counts as belittling.

There’s the warning!

Last edited:
One more thing. If you see it and I miss it. Please direct anyone to this thread.

I've probably said bad enough. If I'm not on the short list I appreciate it, but understand if otherwise. Keep up the good work.

How about just remove all off topic threads that are political in general? I've seen way too many forums get nuked because of politics. There is enough of that pretty much everywhere. I know politics by nature involves everything. I just think it brings out the worst in people. At best it becomes an echo chamber and worst it becomes a tribalistic pissing contest that rarely advances any cause.

How about just remove all off topic threads that are political in general? I've seen way too many forums get nuked because of politics. There is enough of that pretty much everywhere. I know politics by nature involves everything. I just think it brings out the worst in people. At best it becomes an echo chamber and worst it becomes a tribalistic pissing contest that rarely advances any cause.

Don’t partake in the tribalism. I’d have to remove most threads out fear of someone’s triggers. When I watch the local weather every night it’s political and ticks me off.
Seriously, not being a smart A.. the school board meetings are political. Coated or non coated seed is political.

All I can do is say no more disrespect.

And trust me I take a hard side in private life and while I’m sure it’s obvious I try not to use it here.

Please don’t mess with the Time to lighten up /Laughter (memes)!!

So far so good. SD and I have clashed over the years but I’m hoping it’s a symbolic thing. We’re equally A-holes to each other at times. With a respect for that 😉

If not, his memes of late, make me think.

Point taken Bill. I will personally work on being better. My apologies.
Thanks for not messing with Sd 's laughter thread! Makes my day every day!

It’s a habitat forum… it would be nice to get back to that. Memes included. they’re just another tool to push a political agenda hiding under a different forum title.

It’s a habitat forum… it would be nice to get back to that. Memes included. they’re just another tool to push a political agenda hiding under a different forum title.
I go to the woods/fish the rivers/play golf to get away from all the mud & muck of the fantasy world, and come to this site for the same reason. But, gotta have the humor, and while a lot of the memes are politically motivated, I can look past that to have a good laugh! Thanks for running a tight ship while wearing the grey hat Bill!

I would love to get out more, cutting trees, planting, etc.. but I still have a couple feet of snow on the ground, and it was -14 this morning.

I have dropped some trees for the deer, and firewood on warmer days, but it pretty hard getting around off of any of my main trails.

I agree, this is the time of year most have spring fever, and things get heated on a lot of these sites.
One can only talk about what they want to do come planting season for so long, before you tease yourself so much, you have to find something else to occupy your time. In my area tree planting still has a couple months at least. Usually I pick up my trees about April 20th, and sometimes we still have to wait because the ground is snow covered or frozen.

I started both "Time to Lighten up and laugh" threads. The original was started when everybody was all cranked up about covid & politics. Both were started to get people "lighten" up.

Regarding off topic stuff and the general forum, I have learned a lot from folks about equipment, building, etc. and other stuff. It,s a great place to ask questions as there are a lot of people who have some very diversified knowledge & experiences.

Unfortunately as Bill said, everything is political these days. If you don't like what a particular thread just ignore.

I’m on Iowa Whitetail, Missouri Whitetail, and a deer habitat forum and all three have political threads.

Iowa Whitetail has a very active thread about how the state of Iowa year in and year out proposed changes to rules/laws that could be detrimental to deer hunters, turkey hunters, landowners . (politics)

Certain topics and certain people can bring out the worst in us. I worked hard to keep that from happening to me on a personal level, but I still engaged once in a while. Many times I just quit visiting this sight so that I wouldn't engage. I'm glad Bill is making an effort to smooth things out.

Bill, just seeing this.

Message received loud and clear. Suspect (heck, know!) I'm guilty of having gotten pulled into a few debate rounds.

Will do my best to be sure that all future comments avoid personal reference to anyone else at all, and only are shared with appropriate tone. 👍

P.S. -- if on the fence about me, let me throw out a desperate plea of "Don't tase me bro!", as I actually killed a ghost buck that showed up near the end of the season but I haven't taken the time to tell the tale yet!

Ghost Buck.jpg

Last edited:
Bill, just seeing this.

Message received loud and clear. Suspect (heck, know!) I'm guilty of having gotten pulled into a few debate rounds.

Will do my best to be sure that all future comments avoid personal reference to anyone else at all, and only are shared with appropriate tone. 👍

P.S. -- if on the fence about me, let me throw out a desperate plea of "Don't tase me bro!", as I actually killed a ghost buck that showed up near the end of the season but I haven't taken the time to tell the tale yet!

View attachment 49948
How do you keep that to yourself? I would have t-shirts made.