House keeping / Disrespectful Arguing / Everyone please read

Certain topics and certain people can bring out the worst in us. I worked hard to keep that from happening to me on a personal level, but I still engaged once in a while. Many times I just quit visiting this sight so that I wouldn't engage. I'm glad Bill is making an effort to smooth things out.
Same here and I had my share of run ins on here as well. I hardly visit the site now unless for something specific. Just too exhausting and everything is beating a dead horse at this point. Also found out it actually helped me mentally to take a break as well. I’ll be doing the same again shortly so I don’t fall into the same rut. I’ve also been to other forums where it’s much more tame directed back to being on topic for what the website is truly about and it’s a better experience imo. Don’t get me wrong though, there is a wealth of information here and very knowledgeable people. When it comes to habitat questions there is no better place than this site.

How do you keep that to yourself? I would have t-shirts made.

Think the angle of the shot makes it look more impressive than it actually is (though I'm still thankful for the harvest!).

Never my intent for the "forced perspective" to make the antlers look bigger than they are -- just always alone trying to get a photo before gutting and skinning.

My quick tape estimate on it got a gross score of 133 1/2, which is really good for Florida, but appreciate for a fair number of folks on the forum that may not even be an average harvest score.

And mega-ditto to what Catscratch said about certain topics bringing out the worst of us. Know I'm 100% guilty.

I'm very glad to see the insults and personal attacks stop. I find civil debates expressing personal points of view interesting. To me any valid point is lost when embedded in attack or insult to another.

Perhaps I'm out of line but I will defend yoderjack. While I tend to disagree with a number of his points of view and his approach can seem haughty I don't notice him attacking others that often. Rather he seems to be under attack and insulted frequently. Just my point of view. Ex. I'm on the opposite side of the fence from almost everything he posted on the covid thread. But I simply saw him posting his perspective. I'm fine with that. However, I thought the attacks and insults thrown at him were out of line.........{ according to the guidelines espoused on this thread. I cannot be attacked for saying this now :) }

I'm very glad to see the insults and personal attacks stop. I find civil debates expressing personal points of view interesting. To me any valid point is lost when embedded in attack or insult to another.

Perhaps I'm out of line but I will defend yoderjack. While I tend to disagree with a number of his points of view and his approach can seem haughty I don't notice him attacking others that often. Rather he seems to be under attack and insulted frequently. Just my point of view. Ex. I'm on the opposite side of the fence from almost everything he posted on the covid thread. But I simply saw him posting his perspective. I'm fine with that. However, I thought the attacks and insults thrown at him were out of line.........{ according to the guidelines espoused on this thread. I cannot be attacked for saying this now :) }
Actually agree with you concerning yoderjack. Somehow he brought out the worst in me. I often walked away from from our interactions not feeling great about how I represented myself.

Everything can be political. I think threads on public policy affecting deer hunting are exactly the type of political threads to be having here. By off topic, I was referring to threads about covid, masks, or even the stock market, that are inherently political in nature. Looking at the most active threads, they are some of the ones that have the least to do with hunting or habitat management. They are lightning rods for engagement because they inevitably turn into political debates filled with personal attacks. It isn't just a matter of avoiding them. They can take over forums, especially ones like this where every new comment puts that thread up top for "What's new".

Thank you Baker. It’s not a topic I will drag through the streets but you’ve given me the perfect opportunity to show respectful disagreement. I believe being the person in a crowd, who never throws the first punch, yet manipulates the situation so one is surely thrown, is equally if not more at fault.

And we’ll have to agree to disagree. Enough on that subject for me.

I use to be Admin in a pretty busy site, it sucked! I quit, and I feel sorry for those still doing it.
What I have told others is you either need to have thick skin, and have self control to go into certain subjects, that were political. I didnt allow insults, or personal attacks. It was a daily thing for people to vent at me, because someoneelses post offended them, and I didnt fix it, or someones post got fixed, and it offended them. I wasnt a babysitter.

You do very good work on here Bill compared to a lot of sites. It is appreciated!

Thanks Bill. I don’t post much but I do log on daily & go thru new posts. I’ve learned a lot about habitat but not much on the political side. I do admire the debate but it does get old.
I wonder where yoderjack went.
I would say he’s one of those guys that just loves to stir the pot, no matter what the subject. I’ve met a few in my life & chose to not interact with them.
Love the site Bill.

Thank you Baker. It’s not a topic I will drag through the streets but you’ve given me the perfect opportunity to show respectful disagreement. I believe being the person in a crowd, who never throws the first punch, yet manipulates the situation so one is surely thrown, is equally if not more at fault.

And we’ll have to agree to disagree. Enough on that subject for me.
Yoder has some good info. His biggest issue is he is rarely if ever open to learning from others.

Personally I think Yoder acts like he is a victim. He dismissed other opinions as wrong in his own way. To me that’s the worst way to handle posts on a forum.

He’s a classic one upper. He may not call certain people a name . But he has a strategy.

That is the way I see it.

Did Jack get the perma ban or just a time out?

Personally I think Yoder acts like he is a victim. He dismissed other opinions as wrong in his own way. To me that’s the worst way to handle posts on a forum.

He’s a classic one upper. He may not call certain people a name . But he has a strategy.

That is the way I see it.
He just brings "it" out in people. You are hitting the nail on the head w/ your post.

Please the thread was not to bash anyone. Just restore order.

I have to start paying attention again now. Look out Catscratch! One more slip up and you're going on ignore. :)

I kid.

I missed all the most inflammatory stuff I guess, just used the ignore feature.

I have to start paying attention again now. Look out Catscratch! One more slip up and you're going on ignore. :)

I kid.

I missed all the most inflammatory stuff I guess, just used the ignore feature.
It would be an honor the be on someone's "ignore" option! I probably need to be a little more "sproingish" to be put on ignore though.