All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holding seed over til next year?

strawhead

5 year old buck +
I am seriously thinking of buying clover and radishes in bulk(50lb). I need about half of that for this year. A substantial savings if germination next year will be ok after storing for a year. Thoughts?

Just like MO says Cool, dry & dark. I keep mine in a paper bag put into a plastic tote in the garage.

Not a big deal. Straw u planting Egyptian wheat again?

Keep it sealed from rodents! I keep seed over all the time, never seems to be a problem for the plots I'm doing.

No problem, many seeds keep there germ very well for years to come! Keep in a cool dry place, not cold, not hot. You should be fine! Good Luck!

Which Clover and which Radishes?
I can get mammoth red for $90 and daikon radish for $80.

I've held over oats, PTT, white clover, as well as many garden seeds with little to no problems. Also, my soil has no trouble holding weed seeds for years!

Not a big deal. Straw u planting Egyptian wheat again?
No dipper, tried one more year after that first year and didn't have good luck. I did have a little better luck with a milo-sorghum mix. Still went down with the first heavy wet snow we got first part of Nov. last year. I'm going to get some hybrid cuttings from John to go along with the norway spruce we've been planting. Thanks for all the responses.

Thanks for the info on holding seed, guys. Cool, dark & dry is no problem.

Thanks for the info on holding seed, guys. Cool, dark & dry is no problem.
With plenty of mice poison nearby

Pulaskis prices are always the best around. Also you csnbuy thst stuff in 5 lb bags and the price per lb doesnt go up much. They are awesome.