Herbicide Mix For People Trails

Spiider

5 year old buck +
What kinds of mixes is anyone using to keep your trails clear? I typically do this 2x/year with Gly and 2,4-db.

I just use a mower.

But I do use your combination to spray under the electric fencing to my nursery.

Why do you want nothing growing on them?

I'm interested as I've got places that I don't want stuff to grow (such as our driveway).

^^^^A number of the "gurus" recommend spraying deer trails with gly/pramitol to keep them bare.

Funny!

Great way to promote erosion when spraying a trail going up or down a hill. No Thanks!

I'm interested as I've got places that I don't want stuff to grow (such as our driveway).

Spray it with Pramitol 25E, good for most of the year.

I hear you. I had a heck of a cattle trail going uphill on the north end of my place when I bought it. Beat down, exposed soil with a small "ravine" started due to runoff. Obviously, the deer used the trail too but I sure didn't want it eroding anymore. It now is beginning to heal, but it will take a number of years (likely longer than I'll be on the planet) before it ever looks normal again.

In Missouri times everything by ten for erosion. It is a huge problem, so I wish some of these so called guru's would stop telling people to spray their trails.

Last edited:
Arsenal, u won't need to spray for a few years. That stuff is tooooooxic!

I only clear the ones my son is going to use. A walking disability keeps him from being able to navigate heavy tall grass.
In Missouri times everything by ten for erosion. It is a huge problem, so I wish some of these so called guru's would stop telling people to spray there trails.

That's a good point. The ground under my electric fence erodes so bad that I have to go back and hammer the T posts back in every spring. I'm willing to accept it in the short run to get my trees started.

I've seen guys put beans on the hillsides year after year where you could loose a truck in the erosion. They just bulldoze them in and plant again.
But hey they've got really pretty yellowish gold color soil.

Ya bill, real scary when u watch the recklessness of farmers. It won't take long and our soils will be so depleted, they won't grow a thing besides nasty weeds we can't kill, with resistant herbicides. We'll play God and reprogram the genetics of our crops, so they can grow on the sterile soils. The quality of the food will plummet, but we will keep people alive. Almost sounds like we are there already?
Ok I'm done sorry about the rant

Ya bill, real scary when u watch the recklessness of farmers. It won't take long and our soils will be so depleted, they won't grow a thing besides nasty weeds we can't kill, with resistant herbicides. We'll play God and reprogram the genetics of our crops, so they can grow on the sterile soils. The quality of the food will plummet, but we will keep people alive. Almost sounds like we are there already?
Ok I'm done sorry about the rant

God keeps pumping out more people around the world, so the farmers will need to feed them. So quit procreating and the farmers won't have to farm all the hills in the future. Pretty simple.

I agree, but I don't think God makes babies. I've been told by bible thumpers it's god's will to make babies, but that a different issue.

I haven't used anything except gly on the driveway yet due to my fear of hurting nearby vegetation. Part of the driveway is pretty narrow and goes through a beautiful mature oak forest. Will Pramitol 25E or Arsenal leach into the surrounding area and hurt the trees? Is there much danger in that? I'm a newb with the chemical game so bear with me!

I agree, but I don't think God makes babies. I've been told by bible thumpers it's god's will to make babies, but that a different issue.

According to the thumpers, its his will they hump like rabbits? He started it I think!

What ever the case, 2 years ago when corn went to $8, most people do not realize we were withing 7 days of running out of grain for food in the pipeline. In the future you will see more and more hills farmed as the population expands. Just the way the world dictates it with the amount of food it will require. So get used to it!

If you abuse it. There's a section on the label of arsenal where guys spray arsenal on the ground to prevent growth, before a driveway is laid.
It won't kill spruce/pine, but it kills everything else. It what power companies use under power lines

According to the thumpers, its his will they hump like rabbits? He started it I think!

What ever the case, 2 years ago when corn went to $8, most people do not realize we were withing 7 days of running out of grain for food in the pipeline. In the future you will see more and more hills farmed as the population expands. Just the way the world dictates it with the amount of food it will require. So get used to it!
maybe not your grand kids, but your great grand kids will be killing each other over food and water. Just like we are killing each other over oil now.

maybe not your grand kids, but your great grand kids will be killing each other over food and water. Just like we are killing each other over oil now.

So you want farmers to not farm the hills so that comes sooner than later?

It's all good. Food won't be a problem. We are converting food (corn) into fuel, everyone has health insurance, and we have a treaty with Iran. Feeding people shouldn't be much of a problem since everything else has been fixed;)

So you want farmers to not farm the hills so that comes sooner than later?
All I know is we need to shoot more deer to protect those crops;) relax pal.
I'm gonna start a slogan for someone being uptight, tempered or sensitive. I'll call it "being Minnesota"!

All I know is we need to shoot more deer to protect those crops;) relax pal.
I'm gonna start a slogan for someone being uptight, tempered or sensitive. I'll call it "being Minnesota"!

That'll bode well with what we call some folks from WI.....Dipper Schmidts. :D