Heater Body Suit arrived

sandbur

5 year old buck +
I have tried it on.
When I hunt with a rifle, I have always kept my rifle in my lap. shots often occur very quicklt and at short range as I am in thick cover.

For those who have hunted with HBS and firearms, what works best for keeping t he rifle handy?

IMG_9206.JPG

Your thinking of how to hold your gun after you bought the Goalie Suit?;)

I would drag some brush or something up in front of me to lean my gun on at chest level.
In a tree stand?

I think you will be surprised how much room is in a HBS. Get a holder of some kind so the gun is at the ready, you'll be able to pop out and shoot very quickly.

The toughest part is getting that big bugger up in the tree and putting it on. Watch their videos on how to do so. Its worth the time. Someone posted the video here a couple of months ago. I learned a few things from it.

-John

If you have a shooting rail, you could mount the ATV style gun holders on it.

I have removed all of the shooting rails except on a two man stand.. They just get in my way and make noise.

I often shoot my deer at 25 yards or less when rifle hunting.

Good suggestions, though.

Set the gun in your lap and pull your arms out when needed. The suit covers a ton of movement and as long as the gun isn't sliding off of your legs while waiting you should be good to go.

You should be happy with it. I have a buddy who got one this year and loves it. I figure I'd get one before next winter. Let us know what way works best for you.

Set the gun in your lap and pull your arms out when needed. The suit covers a ton of movement and as long as the gun isn't sliding off of your legs while waiting you should be good to go.
That's what I have in mind for now.

I would not take the chance of resting gun on my lap. To easy for it slide off. I always lay mine on shooting rail. If I didn't have a shooting rail I would have to find a sturdy bow hanger and hang rifle by sling.

I installed two garage rake holders on my gun rest. I wish I had a better picture. But it works really well.

IMG_5710_zps25966fbe.jpg

hey BJE, that looks identical to the right side off of one of my stands :eek:. Next time can you please ask for my permission first :p

Bump.

I just ordered my Heater body Suit. They have $20 bucks off if you order by September 15th. I tried to order a suit last year and because I need the big and tall they were already out. I called them last year and chatted with them and they do run out of certain sizes and patterns as the season goes on.

Looking forward to using the suit particularly when i'm in my wind blown stands.

https://heaterbodysuit.com/

I'll be thinking of you guys as I sit in my warm box blind with the gun in a proper rest. May even crank up the Mr Heater a notch for you. ;) (enjoy :) )

This year I'm adding another 12' hose and filter so I can use the 20 lb tanks. That way I don't have to change those little bottles so often. :D

I've taken the heater with me to the groundblind once in my life but I didn't like how much it caused things to fog up in there. I kinda like the cold it keeps my senses sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt like a lame old dude sitting in my unheated box blind last season.
Give it ten years and you won't feel any better.
The lame old dude name will just fit better, with or without a heater.

It is kind of funny when the gun hunters get out their stand early cause they're so cold. They only hunt a few days a year so you think they would be more prepared. Foggy sounds prepared, maybe you could run an extension cord to your blind to keep a coffee pot plugged in;)

I believe one of the biggest features about a heater......is that the heat rises.....and takes your scent with it. I've had deer DEAD down wind.....and they walked right into our food plots. Never smelled anything......and I think I can attribute it to warm air rising.....and an elevated blind. :) Heat is good.

I can almost guarantee you that if you put a Mr Heater in your box blind.....you will seldom hunt without heat again - especially if its cold.

Oftentimes I leave my windows open and the heat on. That-a-way I don't need gloves and can unzip my coat. Also, my snickers bars don't freeze....and the smell of my coffee rises over the deer. Grin. o_O

My how deer hunting has changed. :eek:

Edit: I do drink a little coffee in the blind....and have found that an insulated mug with a sip-cover greatly reduces that coffee smell and makes your coffee last lots longer. ;)

I would love to have a box blind to hunt out of, but I move around to much and would need 20 of them. So its not for me yet.

I would love to have a box blind to hunt out of, but I move around to much and would need 20 of them. So its not for me yet.
I'm up to 7 Box blinds, 4 ladder stands, a ground blind, and a couple of hang-ons that don't get used. I've been adding one box each year now. Maybe a few more?

My son-in-law and grandson spent a full week in WI last year in HBS. Buffalo County....dark to dark sits in a ladder stand and their HBS. They were comfortable all week....but were pretty hunted out at the end of a cold week....and nothing to show for it.