All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated jackets

ruskbucks

5 year old buck +
Does anybody have any of the heated jackets they use for hunting? I'm think of getting a Gobi jacket. I bought a pair of the heated sock last year and absolutely love them. Wondering if the jacket would be worth the investment, they are kinds pricey.

I have the milwaukee m12 heated jacket. I love it. Heated chest back and pockets. You can also charge your phone off the battery. When it is really cold I wear it under a sitka jacket and I can handle about anything.

I'll second the milwaukee m12. I've owned mine (hooded sweatshirt style) for several years and never used it. I tried it for the 1st time the other day and was impressed. I would estimate the battery lasted 2.5 hours or so on medium. I'm sure others are good too.

The only complaint I have is they put the pocket that holds the battery way too far towards the back. You need to be a contortionist to reach it.

-John

Last edited:
Me too on the Milwaukee jacket. Very nice under a coat.

Does anybody have any of the heated jackets they use for hunting? I'm think of getting a Gobi jacket. I bought a pair of the heated sock last year and absolutely love them. Wondering if the jacket would be worth the investment, they are kinds pricey.

what kind of socks. All I’ve tried are junk..

Not the socks, it is the boots. You need a thick layer on your sole of the boot to keep cold from a metal stand movig up into your foot.

what kind of socks. All I’ve tried are ju

They are Day Wolf brand. I only had them a year, but so far I love them. No matter what I tried from high end boots to overboots I couldn't keep my feet warm. These have been the ticket. I think the key is they don't get so hot that your feet sweat. They have 3 heat settings and are a easy to charge.

I've got a battery heated jacket, kidney pads, and socks. I love them. I'm not in a cold area (zone 7a) but they really help my archery hunting. When I enter the woods in the afternoon, it can be quite hot. I don't want to work up a sweat walking and climbing to my stand. Once the sun goes down, the temperature can drop quite a bit during our October bow season. So, I would either roast in the afternoon or freeze after sunset. I have arthritis, and it is easy to get stuck in a tree after sitting for a long period and stiffen up with a temperature drop.

I now dress very light. Some days I wear shorts and a tee-shirt under my coveralls. I typically only use the jacket or kidney belt at this time of year, not both. I no longer get sweated up walking in. When things begin to chill off, I turn on the battery. I can't recall brand, but I know I got a replacement battery from Cabelas. I think it is 7.5v clothing.

I also use it under heavy coveralls in the winter. It works fine for me, but our winters are not like up north. When I was a kid in PA, we used hand warmers that ran on cigarette lighter fluid. Nothing kept me warm enough up there. The battery driven clothing is quite convienent.

Thanks,

Jack

Good advice, just ordered a camo Gobi

https://pnumaoutdoors.com/collections/heated-core/products/iconx-heated-core-vest. got one of these and just tried it out this weekend. Felt like I was sitting in my heated seat in a car. Instant heat. No added bulk so I can imagine I'll wear this on most days... It says to wear next to skin, but to keep it clean, I wear a merino t shirt underneath. It says you can't use it in ozone bag (likely because there is elastic in it).

I second the Pnuma Iconx vest, love it for all the cold Wisconsin can dole out. Get a fit that is nice and tight so the heat stays right on you. Only issue is that the batteries always sell out fast, so order extras when buying.

Guy I work with has a Dewalt sweatshirt. Lasts all 8 hours on low, using the same batteries as my drill. Going to get one so I don't have to wear so many layers when it's below zero.