All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone been in this situation?

*Hawaii5joe*

5 year old buck +
image.jpg

No, but I tell my youngest daughter she needs to start dating some guys from Iowa and asking that same question!;):eek:

Just pick a woman that shoots a deer bigger than your deer and you've got it made!

don't ask how I know.

I don't even ponder a date until I know the answer to that question :D. I wonder if any of those guys from Waupaca County in Wisconsin have a single daughter in her late 20's early 30's. Only 120 acres or more please :D.

What if her family owns land adjoining yours? Call the preacher!!!

When we owned a farm in BC WI, I wondered about that exact question asked to our daughters. Now that we own land in far Northern WI, I don't worry about it.:D If the boyfriend is willing to put the time and effort into hunting a WI Northwoods buck............go for it!! If he can put up with the low deer numbers up there and still enjoy the property..........he is a true outdoorsman in my book.

LOL MO, you have me rollin' from that one!

MBC I didn't know you were a Harley guy. Do you still have one?

When I was younger it wasn't about how many acres it was more about the spread. ;)

What if her family owns land adjoining yours? Call the preacher!!!
If that is parts of Mn, she is probably your first cousin.

That pretty much sums up what I did! I thought she was hot as well - so that was just icing on the cake.

Actually I wasn't even a deer hunter when I met my wife. I only hunted small game and did much more fishing at that time. After we got married is when I started deer hunting - it looked easy on TV - boy was I wrong.

My wife's family owns farmland and farms in NW Iowa. I was disappointed it was no good for deer hunting and it has below average pheasant hunting even in good years.

I could of had 10,000 acres in the black hills of Wyoming. The ranchers daughter wanted me to take his daughter out. before meeting her I was told her rear end was 3 axe handles wide. I talked big until I saw her. Wow-her younger sister was the starting nose tackle on the varsity football team. That should put everything into perspective.
I told my old lady I must really love her because her family didn't have any land, and I passed on 10,000 acres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any guy worth a crap can work that money maker down to one axe handle if given the chance!

And what is wrong with a chick that can keep you warm in the winter and shady in the summer anyways!
Hey man I was never ashamed to make friends with a heifer at 4am. I carried my weight making sure some of these ladies didn't end the night lonely.
That one out west still gives me nightmares. She told me, "you can sit by me, I don't bite too hard". It was one of the only times in my life I literally clamed right up....Speechless, as one tooth Larry is giving a thumbs up.
Hey, last I heard she was still single driving school bus. I could arrange it, if you want. We had some pretty good hunting out there. I'd see 30 bucks a day, elk, whitetail Mullies, antelope. One guy shot a 180" whitetail too.

Now Dipper has me dying over here LOL

No bike now, had a tough time keeping them upright back in the day
Been there done that but swore off of beer & booze when on 2 wheels after an eye opening experience.