H-T’s July/August trail cam contest

Did some Jeff Sturgis mock scrapes with the hanging vines. I honestly did see a few small bucks the first night but this was the first picture and it made me laugh.

I did that this year too. I've been fairly impressed with it.

Since local dog rescue effort had me unable to contribute last go round, I'll kick things off.

Think this might be a buck I've called "Lucky" the last three years as his rack was always so wonky I kept giving him passes... not quite as wonky this year (though tall tine on his right might be so tall due to the energy not required to feed ANY brow tine on that side at all, dadgummit).

He tempts me in the fall he may be getting a name change to "Unlucky." :emoji_wink:

View attachment 30726

Actually had him play freeze with me yesterday as I was driving my mule around our place. Sure sign it's summer and not fall, after about 2 minutes of playing freeze he walked into the woods in no hurry at all.

View attachment 30727

View attachment 30728
BigBend takes this one. Congratulations!

Might want to look again, Bill. Think Jim K. earned the win with his albino share! And can't help but be very happy about it not just for the great shot but also because my Dad was a Jim K. too and miss him every single day.

Might want to look again, Bill. Think Jim K. earned the win with his albino share! And can't help but be very happy about it not just for the great shot but also because my Dad was a Jim K. too and miss him every single day.

thanks I scrolled down. And counted the second set.

Of all the 1000's of pictures I've got with a trail cam, I have to say this is my favorite! Albino deer are exceedingly rare, about 1 in 25,000. This is the only one I have seen in the wild in my life and I have seen many deer and spent much time in the woods. I feel privileged to have seen this beautiful animal with my eyes and then was able to get some pictures of it. One more reason I love living in the woods. I am truly blessed.View attachment 31259

Sorry for the miss count Jim K wins this one..
congratulations!

My father is a Jim K too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk