H-T’s July/August trail cam contest

Bill

Administrator
I’m combining July August because I’m late starting it.
  1. Photos submitted for the contest must have been taken by a trail camera during the current month or the month prior. Example= To be eligible for the March 2019 contest, the photo must have been taken with a trail camera during February 2019 or March 2019.
  2. Photos must be submitted on or before the last day of the month for the contest to be eligible. Example= March 31st is the last day to enter a photo in the March contest.
  3. The winner is decided by the photo that receives the most "likes", counted on the 10th day after the end of the month. Example= Photo with the most "likes" on July 10th is the winner of the June contest. In the event of a tie the photo that was posted first will be deemed the winner.
  4. Members can submit up to 5 photos per contest (one photo per post), however no photo can be submitted into more than one contest.
  5. Members can "like" as many photos as they wish. (Participation is key to this working. Don't wait until the end of the month to vote for a winner, "like" photos as they are posted if you like them).
  6. Categories to be announced on a monthly basis.
  7. Any and all disputes or questionable entries will be reviewed by Admin and handled accordingly.
  8. The category for this month is restricted to (Anything) There is a small prize available for the winner. Good Luck!

This year no monthly prizes but we have some good ones for the best of the best at the end.

First Prize
Cudde K series cell unit that can be used as a stand alone cell camera or as the home cell unit in a cuddelink network. donated by John Volkman

Second Prize
New in the box Moultrie M-40i camera donated by Tree Spud

Since local dog rescue effort had me unable to contribute last go round, I'll kick things off.

Think this might be a buck I've called "Lucky" the last three years as his rack was always so wonky I kept giving him passes... not quite as wonky this year (though tall tine on his right might be so tall due to the energy not required to feed ANY brow tine on that side at all, dadgummit).

He tempts me in the fall he may be getting a name change to "Unlucky." :emoji_wink:

Unlucky.jpg

Actually had him play freeze with me yesterday as I was driving my mule around our place. Sure sign it's summer and not fall, after about 2 minutes of playing freeze he walked into the woods in no hurry at all.

DSCN1584.JPG

DSCN1585.JPG

Last edited:
That new kid really stinks let's get out of here.

6v7klds.jpg

yYuNn5m.jpg

This four month old red fox pup has a full set of choppers now and is well on the way to learning the ropes of the hunt. I always get a kick out of the happy-go-lucky attitude of the youngsters as they go about their schooling and discoveries... a great time to be alive! Don't need no stinkin' mask when you have turkey tail mushrooms in your pantry to keep the immune system pumped. We could learn a thing or two from the sly ones.

Transmitted pic from 900 mile remote set in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

T_00001_1.jpg

One of the boys takin a walk in his safe zone ... nick named him Bullwinkle, passed on him twice last year. He is 5 years old this year, interesting to see where he goes the year ....

Bullwinkle 290200721.png

Bullwinkle III 290200721.png

Swiffy and Spud,
I know where either of those guys would go this year if they walked by me.

On the grill!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He brought his buddy this morning. A 4 yr old. These aren’t on my farm but I’ve seen this 4 yr old last year in a place I can hunt. Given the pool of bucks around, I’d be tickled with either!
66D8CBC0-547A-4063-A0E4-C6BA9F0E0D77.jpeg

I need to get my cameras out!

He brought his buddy this morning. A 4 yr old. These aren’t on my farm but I’ve seen this 4 yr old last year in a place I can hunt. Given the pool of bucks around, I’d be tickled with either!
View attachment 30801

Beautiful bean field right there!