Green Bay vs. Seattle

B

BJE80

So who do you have tonight in the NFL opener? Should be a great game.

As much as I'd like to say Green Bay, I'm not sure they'll be able to pull it off, especially in Seattle.

I'd have to lean towards Seattle, as well. I think by the midpoint of season or so, so long as injuries don't have a huge impact, that GB may have a chance to be the class of the NFL, but this will be their first game with what is supposed to be a massively revamped D, one that they obviously didn't use in preseason. Toss in being on the road and a rookie C, I just hope it's a good game and that GB's D shows promise for a brighter tomorrow. Either way, I love watching great Ds. Should be fun watching Seattle's, even if it is at GB's expense.

Your not gonna see the Seattle defensive backfield playing the same game this year with the new rules. Gb 17-13.

Your not gonna see the Seattle defensive backfield playing the same game this year with the new rules. Gb 17-13.
You might be surprised what they let "fly" now that it's regular season again and not just preseason. Oh, and they are playing in Seattle. Where an INT/Touchback is 6 points for the offense. It's the only place in the NFL to ever have a QB throw a game winning(for his own team) interception.

GO PACK GO!!!

I'm going with the pack.

Isn't there a football forum somewhere?

Seattle is in a different league than the packers. They are man handling them. It's also clear Rogers has played much preseason ball.

Well that sucked. Seattle is really really good. Packers have a lot of issues with the D and injuries.

Yep, Seattle has allot of talent, they are deep and they are physical. If Seattle stays healthy they have a good chance at a repeat.

it was a sad day in packer country. News is ripping apart the defense already. The offense looked good up against the best team in the nfl. but the pack looked terrible.

I think Seattle was just so much more prepared and crisp. Not saying they are going to win the Super Bowl. Flat out, Rodgers missed some throws and reads that really stalled the offense. The packers had stupid penalties on defense....especially those holding penalties with the receivers I was talking about. Green Bay's receiving corp could turn out to be a liability. I just don't think they have a Percy harvin who strikes fear, Even though they are paying a couple guys.
At the end of the day, Seattle was just better coached and ready to play.

Apparently there is no semblance of defense anywhere in the state of WI this season. Defense looked porous and confused all night long.

Apparently there is no semblance of defense anywhere in the state of WI this season. Defense looked porous and confused all night long.

Might as well include the Brewers free fall too. Wisconsin sports are amiss right now. Guess I’ll spend more time in a tree this fall.

Might as well include the Brewers free fall too. Wisconsin sports are amiss right now. Guess I’ll spend more time in a tree this fall.
You bet, makes it that much easier to be in the woods.

Sorry for being late to the dance, but I got the sense that the O played scared until after the game was decided. I'm not talking the O line or RBs. The play calling was very conservative (not talking the run/pass mix as much as almost all short passes and ignoring an entire half of the field) and that AR looked, well, like he was playing scared.

The D wasn't what I hoped for, but about what I expected. With a reduction in size on the DL and Hawk & Jones at ILB, they just couldn't stop the run. Now, if one wants a ray of hope, they did switch up the D quite a bit (played more 4-3 than they have since Capers came in). This was the first real game with the D's changes. I suspect those changes will now be tweaked some and that the players themselves will get better at playing it. They do have the makings of a very good secondary and perhaps the best group of OLBs in the NFL. If they can find a way to play to their strengths, it is entirely possible that the D gets better as season goes on, instead of worse, for a change...Or, they could flounder all season and have the O carry them again. I personally think the O will be top 5, as long as BB isn't out too long and the rest of their OL remains pretty much injury free (and AR, as well).

I can easily see somewhere between 10-12 Ws.

On the up side I think we'll see a new manager for the Brewers. The Packers should make the playoffs because there are a lot of average teams out there but with unless Morgan Burnett and Brad Jones are replaced they will be a one and done team again. Thursday night we saw one confident team and one team paying not to lose and that rests on the shoulders of the coaching staff. When you play not to lose you typically end up with the sloppy play like we all witnessed.