Great Tool 2.5 lb pick mattock

White Oak

5 year old buck +
I never knew these existed , until a couple of years ago when I saw them in a A M Leonard Catalog . I now have a Husky Cutting mattock and Pick mattock...the 2.5 lb pick Mattock is awesome for planting trees...makes it a piece of cake to remove the grass & weeds in a area before planting a tree. I also use it for digging the hole for planting a tree along with a shovel. One of the best hand tools I ever bought. I'm sure lots of you have one....but for those like me that never heard of them , I suggest picking one up.

For the bareroot trees in rocky areas, I love AM leonard's planting bar. It a tree dibbler with some weight to it. You can wack it down a few times to bully rocks in the ground around. I also have a regular lighter one when I am in the back 600 acres of the lease where I have to walk in a ways from a trail.

]Planting Bar

A Wolverine Tree Spade will change your life

it lives in the bed of the kawasaki mule as i never head to the woods without it

<<<<<<<<< see Avatar

bill

Razorback all steel spade is about as good as it gets for ground work. Haven't met a rock or root it did win the battle with.

Razorback

A Wolverine Tree Spade will change your life

it lives in the bed of the kawasaki mule as i never head to the woods without it

<<<<<<<<< see Avatar

bill
I just ordered one of these that’s the bomb diggity thanks for sharing.