GP/LP 3P600 or 3P606NT user thread

I cannot help much on the teetering 3P500/600 as I have a 3P606NT and I am sure the front cutter discs do some stabilizing on mine that would be absent from the 500/600
This next part might just be a foolish statement ..but keep in mind that I am in black river bottoms soil but I am to the point where I keep the drive tire one hole from the bottom and keep the tee handles as the depth control which generally keeps the press wheels with some weight of the machine bearing on the press wheels and I would think to a degree certainly somewhat counter teeter on the 500/600 and 606NT
With the above as I am switching seeds n mixes about the only change from seed to seed/mix is seed cup gate setting and feed rate setting ..very occasionally I get out of 2nd gear to first gear on the gear box but 2nd gear is doing the Lion's share of the work ..

Bear

Yesterday I made some changes to my drill. I received the drill with the small seed box depositing the seeds between the openers in the seed trench (tube drops forward). The book says that Great Plains recommends the seed tube facing to the rear.....which drops seeds out of the trench behind the openers and in front of the packing wheels. Not sure how other folks configure their drills ??? ......but this may be a solution for small seeds being buried too deep. Pics of before and after.
tempImageFQ4OHj.jpgtempImagePGAE6q.jpg

Mine have always faced back @Foggy47. I think this will work better for you
Thanks Omi......I've wondered how other folks drills are set up. Been looking to see some here on dealer lot......but nothing around lately. I hope this change will yield a better result for me with small seeds.

I roll/crimped my rye five days ago.....and today I sprayed some of my plots with IMOX and other plots with Glyphosate. Some of my plots are relatively clean and have decent clovers growing and now poking thru the rolled Matt of rye.....while other areas have a variety of weeds.....so I chose two methods to control the weeds now........and I plan to mow some areas in a few more days to eliminate broadleaf issues in a few areas.

Then I hooked up my drill and drilled a brassica mix into the rye Matt. Really worked well regardless of direction traveled thru the thick rye Matt. I was concerned about possible "hairpinining" or the rye lumping up and causing problems. But none of that happened and drilling into the crops was a non event. Thought I would show a few pics.

I never "bothered" to put a foaming mix in my marker set-up and sometimes struggled to find where I had made the prior pass......but it wall worked out OK. Next time I will use my marker rig.

tempImagenLGFx3.jpgtempImagetooVls.jpgtempImagetQUZko.jpgtempImagevaIH9b.jpgtempImageR7Wi4X.jpg

did you drill brassica into areas you just sprayed imox?

Foggy being honest are you getting worried about spraying all that gly into your ground and having your deer eat it all to kill some weeds that Thee immortal SD says will balance out over time.

Foggy being honest are you getting worried about spraying all that gly into your ground and having your deer eat it all to kill some weeds that Thee immortal SD says will balance out over time.
Worried? NO. Is it a consideration....yes. I do not needlessly apply herbicides. As said, I use a roll / crimper at times and a flail mower at other times. Often I use a combination of these things to get my plots into the next stage.

I left several areas stand with the cereal rye......and will let those areas re-seed for next year. Sure there are some weeds in there....but the rye and clover crowds out most of the weeds.

Last edited:
I roll/crimped my rye five days ago.....and today I sprayed some of my plots with IMOX and other plots with Glyphosate. Some of my plots are relatively clean and have decent clovers growing and now poking thru the rolled Matt of rye.....while other areas have a variety of weeds.....so I chose two methods to control the weeds now........and I plan to mow some areas in a few more days to eliminate broadleaf issues in a few areas.

Then I hooked up my drill and drilled a brassica mix into the rye Matt. Really worked well regardless of direction traveled thru the thick rye Matt. I was concerned about possible "hairpinining" or the rye lumping up and causing problems. But none of that happened and drilling into the crops was a non event. Thought I would show a few pics.

I never "bothered" to put a foaming mix in my marker set-up and sometimes struggled to find where I had made the prior pass......but it wall worked out OK. Next time I will use my marker rig.

View attachment 66348View attachment 66349View attachment 66350View attachment 66351View attachment 66352
What model and Hp is your Kuboat Foggy? Thinking of switching out my open 75hp for a cab

The 75 just barely lifts my rig up to cross a Creek and go up a logging road

What model and Hp is your Kuboat Foggy? Thinking of switching out my open 75hp for a cab
I've got a Grand L3560 HSC. I may have bought a little bigger size (4060).....but it's the tallest cab that would fit under the door in my shed......and I really don't want/need more power for my operation.

I use a few five foot implements.....but most are 6'ers. Great size for the woods and my trails. Been happy for my needs.