Got a bear too

foggy

5 year old buck +
image.jpg Just checked one trail cam today. Had two pics of a bear walking by.....hope he is on the move to new territory.

Pic two.....image.jpg

First week in June is when I get most of my big boar pics. Breeding season. THE RUT BABY!

First week in June is when I get most of my big boar pics. Breeding season. THE RUT BABY!
Yep.....I figure this is a boar out "cruising chicks". ;)

Sent the pic in an email to my neighbor....who lives close by. He saw the bear too.....about three weeks ago.....right after it destroyed all his bee hives. He sent me the pic of his hives.....but I cannot seem to load it here. What a mess.

trying to understand pic re-sizing. Here are his hives.....I hope. Larry's hives.JPG

Fawn time and bears ain't good.

I had a big boar come thru my yard in late May one year. I went down in the swamp to chase it out of my land. I had a smart dog, she stayed in the yard and would not follow me.

trying to understand pic re-sizing. Here are his hives.....I hope. View attachment 686

Do they have depredation tags for bears when they do stuff like this? Wouldn't it be considered destroying ag and be able to go after it?

Do they have depredation tags for bears when they do stuff like this? Wouldn't it be considered destroying ag and be able to go after it?

Three people in my family applied for a bear license this year......none of us drew a tag.

I'm sure my neighbor could have killed this bear when he saw him damaging his stuff.....and then called the game warden whom would have issued him a tag. He decided not to shoot the bear....as he did not have time to deal with processing the bear. Instead he said he fired some shots to scare it off. I imagine he can still get a tag? He lives just a stones throw from my land.....I wonder if I can get a tag too? (I have not had any damage....yet)

Looks like it's time to get some bee hives foggy! I don't think the dnr would let you kill it unless it did some damage to your property.

That bear looks like a brute! Neat to see, but I'm getting worried about future damage. Last year they shredded some of my tree tubes. They just pulled them down the stake like socks down a leg.

Three people in my family applied for a bear license this year......none of us drew a tag.

I'm sure my neighbor could have killed this bear when he saw him damaging his stuff.....and then called the game warden whom would have issued him a tag. He decided not to shoot the bear....as he did not have time to deal with processing the bear. Instead he said he fired some shots to scare it off. I imagine he can still get a tag? He lives just a stones throw from my land.....I wonder if I can get a tag too? (I have not had any damage....yet)
I think the dnr will take the bear after he's shot it. I know at my relatives place when they were having wolf problems that after they shot one they'd call up the dnr and they'd come pick it up. He wouldn't have to deal with it at all besides the phone call. I'd at the least have him call the dnr and tell about the damages. He should be able to get payed for his loss and the dnr might trap the bear.

Thanks Wink.....I'll mention that to him about getting paid for damages.