Goose Hunting

SmallChunk

5 year old buck +
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Goose season 2014 has started with a bang. 71 down so far in the 5 hunts I have been on with 3 bands to show for! Hoping to down a few more in the morning!

Well done

Is there a way to shoot and eat a goose and be free of the risk of chomping a bb? I hit one eating a piece of jerky about 10 years ago and have been gun shy since.

Looks like FUN! No early goose season here for us. We have shot a few teal the last couple of weekends.

Nice, MO! If you ever need help getting rid of some, my gun always likes to travel! :D

Sky rats - fold'em up! I love goose hunting - my son got me into it, we just don't have much opport

MO your making me even more antsy for my north Dakota trip only 29 days away

Is there a way to shoot and eat a goose and be free of the risk of chomping a bb? I hit one eating a piece of jerky about 10 years ago and have been gun shy since.
Shoot 'em on the ground or water. All shot in back and neck. Anybody can hit a flying goose. Takes an expert caller/decoy man to put 'em in the dekes.

Its here again Cory, You going out tomorrow?

Mo, do you hunt these in MN or on your MO farms?

MN. I usually don't hunt, just set it up for some friends. But did last year and will this year. Had so much fun last year I went and bought a couple grand worth of gear this year! We have about 200 geese coming in to one of our wheat fields tonight and all week. So hunting should be good tomorrow!
g1.PNG

Sweet setup! Good luck tomorrow, it will be warm but I bet you'll do well.

Thanks guys!

It should be a lot of fun! The shooting is fun, but trying to figure out how to set out the decoys, blinds, playing the wind, all that crap, is just as much fun to me. I suck at calling, but may try it a few times. We will see!

If your spread looks "real" enough, many times you can get away with minimal calling.

Are you in layouts MO? FWIW: I like flagging and less calling for early birds. Set up EXACTLY where you saw them the night before. And get off the field early so as not to burn it out. Pictures of the shoot please!

Yes Goose Buster XL layouts, that's what is on the front of the hay rack. We fixed them up with a bunch of straw to match what is in the field. What I did today was put out 2 piles of straw in the field where the geese have been sitting. In the morning I will put our blinds where the straw piles are, and surprise Mr Goose!:D

Last edited:
Is that coffee your drinking?:D

I made it out this morning with the boys! Had our 25 by 7:30, birds didn't start flying till 7 or so. Fun morning, wish the other guy would have made it so we could have had another 5 more! I'll upload a photo when I get home!

Here are the hero shots from yesterday and this morning. Heck of a fun start to the 2015 season!