Good Hand Spreader for Fertilizer?

meyerske

5 year old buck +
If you need to broadcast fertilizer by hand, what's a good spreader? I've ruined a bag-type doing this.

I have gone through several shoulder bag seeders from farm supply stores. The plastic or pot metal gears wear out. I bought a action back seeder that is powered by a 9 volt. I like the bucket, it easier to fill than a bag. The straps let the weight carry nice on your hips. I like the lever to open and close the gate. Cons are short battery life and I don't think it flings it as hard or far as the shoulder bag type with the extended handle.

Solo all Day!

Solo.PNG

I use a solo for broadcasting seed. I've used lots of chest mount and bag broadcasters but found none better than this one.

I have only used my solo for seed. Is there any "special", before or after maintenance for the solo after spreading fertilizer?

I love my Solo for seed, but will fertilizer damage it?

Rinse it out when you are done and coat any metal parts with 10W oil after it drys out. Good to Go Again!

I have a SOLO I dedicated to fertilizer duty. I took out the second volume control plate which helps a lot with the unit plugging up. I rinse it with Salt-off and hang it up in the shed until next time. It will hold about 20 pounds of fertilizer but works great for small jobs.

Another Solo user here.

Lots of good spreaders out there, and a lot of bad ones. If you want a handheld (and not a hang on) I would recommend getting one with the plastic that rests on your forearm. For lack of better explanation don't get one that has a pistol grip only, get the pistol grip and forearm strap. This helps a ton with fatigue.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk